Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC 892 No sound after sleep [10.9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install ALC892 driver from Multibeast 6.1. That does fix the no sound after sleep issue. At least for me. There is definitely something wrong with MB 6.2.1 and audio drivers.
Thanks, fixed same issue with ALC898 here.

Install ALC892 driver from Multibeast 6.1. That does fix the no sound after sleep issue. At least for me. There is definitely something wrong with MB 6.2.1 and audio drivers.

The Multibeast 6.1 drivers made no difference for me - I still lose sound after sleep (ALC 889 on a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3).

Unfortunately I have the same issue but the other way around.

Sometimes my audio also crashes. Then I can't hear anything. The playback suddenly stutters and then it stops. After a reboot or even a sleep it works again properly.

ALC 892

Installing ALC889 from the 10.9.1 Multibeast resolved the problem for me.

Same issue here with ga-Z87mx-D3H. after waking there is no sound though headphone header, Optical and line out in the rear. :roll2:

Installing Multibeast 6.1.0 (audio only) ->> http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=208 fixed the problem. But had a serious kernel panic last night :eek:, I couldn't boot back. I got codes all over the screen at the point before the login screen. Not entirely sure if its related though. I recovered from a clone just now and reinstalling multibeast 6.1.0 audio. Will report back if the Kernel Panic reoccurs.

Installing Multibeast 6.1.0 (audio only) ->> http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=208 fixed the problem. But had a serious kernel panic last night :eek:, I couldn't boot back. I got codes all over the screen at the point before the login screen. Not entirely sure if its related though. I recovered from a clone just now and reinstalling multibeast 6.1.0 audio. Will report back if the Kernel Panic reoccurs.

Well 2nd quote to myself today. :p

True enough, right after installing 6.1.0 again. using the config below. (for reference)

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 12.07.12 PM.png

I got this right after a reboot.

2014-03-14 12.54.50.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?

same issue for me (Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H bios F8)
minor problem, but if someone finds a solution...

marcponce - I had that when I initially updated to 10.9.2. Had to reinstall completely. :(

Hope you find a way around that without having to reinstall.

I am running soundless currently :( I fixed my intermittent kernel panic problems by removing the HDA enabler. (I tried a lot of variations with VoodooHDA and DSDT less HDA). But I am just giving up for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back