Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS B85M-G
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 5500 XT Gaming X
My Realtek 8111G has been working on 10 mbits for a while and I thought it was ok, I thought it was my internet provider plan. But recently I tried to connect real macbook to ethernet network (via adapter) and found out that my connection is 100 mbit and speedtest approved it. I have installed Realtek 8111G driver with MultiBeast, but it didn't help, the connection is still 10 mbit, while Asus B85M-G is capable of doing 1 Gbit.

How can I fix this? Any help, please.

EDIT
Moderator, could you please move this thread to Network forum, if you think my question is more relevant for that forum. I posted it here by mistake.

Last edited:
How can I fix this? Any help, please.
Open the System Preferences and go to Network.
Select your network adapter and click Advanced...
Go to the Hardware category and configure manually instead of automatically.

Open the System Preferences and go to Network.
Select your network adapter and click Advanced...
Go to the Hardware category and configure manually instead of automatically.
Thanks for reply!

Tried all options (10baseT/UTP, 100baseTX, 1000baseT) with different duplex settings, but the connection is always 10 mbit.

Is it a known issue at all?

Already tried a new network cable and/or reinstalling the ethernet driver?
I tried new cable, though macbook shows 100 mbit on both. Also, there are three options with two drivers for RealtekRTL8111 in MultiBeast:
  • Realtek Linux v8.037.00
  • Realtek Linux v8.041.00
I tried all three options but the speed is the same.

I tried all three options but the speed is the same.
Try to install the Ethernet kext manually.

Make sure SIP is partially or completely disabled; config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x3 or 0x67

Download KextBeast 2.0.2 and RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.2.zip

Remove any previous installed Network kexts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

Place RealtekRTL8111.kext from the RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.2.zip Release folder on your desktop.
Run KextBeast installer
Select the destination folder: /Library/Extensions
Reboot

Try to install the Ethernet kext manually.

Make sure SIP is partially or completely disabled; config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x3 or 0x67

Download KextBeast 2.0.2 and RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.2.zip

Remove any previous installed Network kexts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

Place RealtekRTL8111.kext from the RealtekRTL8111-V2.2.2.zip Release folder on your desktop.
Run KextBeast installer
Select the destination folder: /Library/Extensions
Reboot
@BreBo thank you a lot for helping!

I followed your instructions twice (first with CsrActiveConfig=0x3 then 0x67) but without success =(

I followed your instructions twice (first with CsrActiveConfig=0x3 then 0x67) but without success =(
I have no other ideas about the cause of your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back