Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have a Realtek 8111e chipset on my mobo. I ran MB>lnx2mac realtek driver thingy and it didn't work. Booting in -v mode I saw this command: "8169e probe hardware failed'

Actually saw it a few times with variations. It seems that the wrong drivers were injected. How to fix this and get the correct driver in? [EDIT: just saw that this is ort of a common problem with the new sandybridge mobos -still, any fixes for this?]

Any help would be much appreciated, If I get my ethernet sorted my system is almost running smoothly!

I'm having the same issue - and I'm using a board from the suggested Sandy Bridge builds, the Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3.

My current v0.0.67+ driver doesn't support the 8111E used on some of the sandy bridge mobos.
Use Realtek's official driver.

I went to the RealTek site and there was a download for network drivers is a section labelled as being for RTL8111E, but when I downloaded the RTGMac_v2.0.6.zip and ran it, it said that it was for the following: This is the Mac OS X 10.6 driver for Realtek 8169S(SB)/8168(B/C/CP/D/E/F)/8101E/8102E/8103E/8105E.

I installed it anyway to give it a try. The ethernet adapter did show up as an option after that (it had been greyed out before), but it did not work.

Nm, I got the official driver working - had to activate the new connection in the Mac Network settings :)

Dwezil said:
Nm, I got the official driver working - had to activate the new connection in the Mac Network settings :)

Could you post it here, there website won't let me download it.

The RealTek Drivers didn't work for me. I'm using the customac build #3 EXACTLY so I didn't expect many problems.

Same issue for me at first but I went to RealTek and downloaded the drivers for the NIC and installed.... worked immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back