Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.
I am using LNX2MAC driver. But my speeds are not consistent, and not reliable. This doesn't bode well for an attempt at a home server. I am running the Gigabyte board in my sig, and just not overly happy with the network adapter. I am hoping for some suggestions to get some sort of boost in my network.

Anyone??

Hello.
I am using LNX2MAC driver. But my speeds are not consistent, and not reliable. This doesn't bode well for an attempt at a home server. I am running the Gigabyte board in my sig, and just not overly happy with the network adapter. I am hoping for some suggestions to get some sort of boost in my network.

Anyone??

You could try the official Realtek driver for 10.7 fro http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...8168C/RTL8111DP/RTL8111E<br>RTL8168E/RTL8111F

Trying it now - hoping for a better max speed than 2Mbps - I seem to be throttled down to 100 Mbps even though I'm gigabit through the whole chain.

Hello billy,

can you tell me how you could SMBUp to work with ML.
Im on 10.8.3 an can not gat it to work. Here is what i have done:

I let SMBUp install all needed files. Then i added a new shared drive. SMB in OSX setting is disabled.

When i try to manage the users i get this message:

Am exception of class KeyNotFoundException was not handled. The application must shut down.

So i can see the shared drives or folders on Win7 machine but can not access them.

Would be nice if you could give me some advice.
Thanks in advance
crystal

I just followed the full install.
The confusing part was getting everything to all work together including Server.app and MacZFS - all of this eventually caused me grief however and I ended up parting out my Hackintosh to get a system up and running full out Solaris. Now I have full ZFS file support giving me the RAID5 I wanted with consumer level drives and a decent home server system with a nifty web gui.

All I can say is be patient and keep trying. I would clone my system drive once I had things up and running with just one part and then try the second, on a failure restore the clone and on success clone again.

My Hack is slowly being pieced back together, but now I am short drives HAHA.

Thanks for your reply,

finally I get it to work. I had to remove my Antivir software.

I’m experiencing slow speed while sharing over Wi-Fi between OSX and Win7. Can you confirm that problem?

Regards,
crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back