Contribute
Register

REALLY SORRY TO SPAM! R9 270 + Default MultiBeast Yosemite Framebuffer problem! Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Stork should I now install Chimera with MultiBeast?

I am now booting from the USB. Did I mess up my system again when I unchecked Chimera on the MultiBeast? :oops:

OK Quick update before bed.

I am EXTREMELY sorry for this spam and annoying posting. I hope you guys can bare with me.

Here's what has happened.

1. I did a clean install of Yosemite
2. I turned Initial Display to IGFX so my primary boot comes from my Internal Graphics? (Right?)
3. I installed MultiBeast settings without Chimera (Yes I think this was stupid?)
4. After reading Stork asking why I didn't install Chimera I got scared and restarted, installed ONLY Chimera with MultiBeast
5. After that install I didn't restart but patched my Chimera to the latest version from the TonyMacX86 front site.
6. Shut down and took off my USB
7. Booted into OSX normally without a panic, this was only just one try. I'm not sure what might happen.
8. I'm still experiencing huge Framebuffering. I haven't set my PCI-E 1 to primary display boot.

I hope to get my R9 270 working perfectly fine. If anyone can help, please tell me what to do.

EDIT: Isn't there anything like this for Chimera? Do I need to migrate to Clover to get my R9 270 working?
Desperate level is max hitting red.

...Isn't there anything like this for Chimera?...
No...that link is for early versions of Mavericks.

If you can't get the R9 270 to work with Yosemite, you're not alone as there are similar issues with 7000 cards in Mac Pro's as I mentioned earlier. I don't use/need Clover, so I can't help you. But, you can try the tonymacx86 Clover guide to see if that helps > http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Good Luck! :thumbup:

You should also consider a wider use of the search function available here on the site.

Check in to this thread which should help you get your graphics issue moving along nicely.

You know, you could always take the safe approach to setting up.

Install your system using the built-in HDxxxx Intel graphics built in to your CPU. Then install any necessary kext files, then physically install your graphics card, and finally boot your system and switch to your graphics card in the bios settings. If it works, then great. If not, you can go back to the built in graphics setup and investigate further.

This method means you dont have to keep doing fresh installs every time, as you can just switch back and forth until you get it working the way you want, and you can also complete the setup portion of OSX knowing it will work ok.

Just remember to take backup copies of all the files you modify/replace and keep them in a safe place so you can revert back to the original untouched setup.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back