Asus P8Z77 -V LK
CPU
Intel - Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello :wave:

I currently have a 7200rpm hard drive for data in my system and it's seemed like it's gotten incredibly slow since upgrading to Sierra (or something around that time). That drive has one NTFS and one HFS permission, since I'm dual-booting with windows. I'm consistently getting 80+ MB/s on that drive while on windows, but no more than 15 MB/s while in MacOS. This is painfully slow. It is currently plugged into a SATA 3Gb/s port since I have two SSD's taking up my only 6GB/s ports, but I feel like I should still be getting higher speeds than that.

I've checked around the forum for threads with similar issues, but nothing seems to be related to my issue. I've booted into recovery and performed first-aid and repair on the drive to make sure it's functional. I've checked my bios settings and all seems to be normal (one post mentioned requiring Intel Virtualization disabled, no difference for me).

Does anyone have some ideas that might lead me in the right direction? It doesn't seem like a failing drive...

HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST31000524AS

@RehabMan Any idea on initial directions I might start to dig? Drive performs as expected in Windows 10 (dual boot). I'm taking shots in the dark at this point. The motherboard/SATA (Asus P8z77 -V LK) seems to be supported in builds I've read around here.

Hello :wave:

I currently have a 7200rpm hard drive for data in my system and it's seemed like it's gotten incredibly slow since upgrading to Sierra (or something around that time). That drive has one NTFS and one HFS permission, since I'm dual-booting with windows. I'm consistently getting 80+ MB/s on that drive while on windows, but no more than 15 MB/s while in MacOS. This is painfully slow. It is currently plugged into a SATA 3Gb/s port since I have two SSD's taking up my only 6GB/s ports, but I feel like I should still be getting higher speeds than that.

I've checked around the forum for threads with similar issues, but nothing seems to be related to my issue. I've booted into recovery and performed first-aid and repair on the drive to make sure it's functional. I've checked my bios settings and all seems to be normal (one post mentioned requiring Intel Virtualization disabled, no difference for me).

Does anyone have some ideas that might lead me in the right direction? It doesn't seem like a failing drive...

HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST31000524AS

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Good call @RehabMan. Here's all of my reporting info. Any direction would be most appreciated!

Attachments

• Forby Problem Reporting.zip
    2 MB · Views: 134
Good call @RehabMan. Here's all of my reporting info. Any direction would be most appreciated!

I don't see anything wrong with your SATA setup, but you don't need AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.
You might try in a SATA3 port (6Gbps) or try a different HDD in the same port as a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back