Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Intel core i5 Processor
HP 144B Motherboard
6GB Ram
SPD DDR3
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
On Windows 7 Ultimate.

Ive been trying to boot Mac OS X 10.6 on my system forever. Any help would be appreciated

Moved to correct forum, Laptop Support.

Khanaset said:
IronCross1788 said:
Intel core i5 Processor
HP 144B Motherboard
6GB Ram
SPD DDR3
On Windows 7 Ultimate.

Ive been trying to boot Mac OS X 10.6 on my system forever. Any help would be appreciated

Have you followed all of the BIOS setting requirements? And what method are you using? Assuming iBoot, what exactly happens when you try to boot? And does booting in safe mode correct it? And if not, what does booting in verbose mode tell you before the system stops responding?

Im not sure what bios you mean by.. im trying to use empire efi with a cd of snow leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 etc... right now my current os is windows 7 ultimate... im stuck

IronCross1788 said:
Khanaset said:
IronCross1788 said:
Intel core i5 Processor
HP 144B Motherboard
6GB Ram
SPD DDR3
On Windows 7 Ultimate.

Have you followed all of the BIOS setting requirements? And what method are you using? Assuming iBoot, what exactly happens when you try to boot? And does booting in safe mode correct it? And if not, what does booting in verbose mode tell you before the system stops responding?

Im not sure what bios you mean by.. im trying to use empire efi with a cd of snow leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 etc... right now my current os is windows 7 ultimate... im stuck

ok, you can NOT install IBOOT with out an orginal copy RETAIL verson of Snow Leapord. 10.6.3. You might need to use the iboot legacy with these boot flags to get it going.

when you put in the iboot disk at the screen, put in the snow leapord dvd and hit f5. you will see a load macosx icon select it, then type: -v arch=i386 maxmem=4096 busratio=9 PCIRootUID=1

This should get you to the load screen.

I have Snow Leopard 10.6.1.. another question, do I have to wipe the windows ultimate 7 harddrive, or can I just do this over it.. I will download iboot legacy right now and check. Please advise as soon as you are able too.

I just did the iboot thing and typed that code.
It went through an entire script
and stopped.
a bunch of code on a black screen... it said something about missing kext, but I already burned kext beast to a cd.?.?
Please advise, let me know if you need more information.
Thank you

Hey, I have the same laptop, and have Lion running on it. Pretty stable but not everything is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back