Core i5-4430
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello fellow OS X hackers

after building a very nice build for me my dad´s pc bricked. he asked me to build him one with the lowest budget possible, so im going for older hardware, such as:

GB-H61M-S2P-B3
Intel Core 2300
Asus NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 1GB
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

Cheapest 4GB RAM i can find on EBAY
Cheapest PSU i can find on EBAY
2 500GB HDD´s i have lying around
Bitfenix Prodigy M RED (yes, i know this case is expensive but my dad loves the look and the colour)
TV he already has that will be used a monitor
Cheap Wireless mini keyboard with mouse

Well, i think that´s all for now
Thank you in advance for any help provided

Hello fellow OS X hackers

after building a very nice build for me my dad´s pc bricked. he asked me to build him one with the lowest budget possible, so im going for older hardware, such as:

GB-H61M-S2P-B3
Intel Core 2300
Asus NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 1GB
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

Cheapest 4GB RAM i can find on EBAY
Cheapest PSU i can find on EBAY
2 500GB HDD´s i have lying around
Bitfenix Prodigy M RED (yes, i know this case is expensive but my dad loves the look and the colour)
TV he already has that will be used a monitor
Cheap Wireless mini keyboard with mouse

Well, i think that´s all for now
Thank you in advance for any help provided

You can probably find a new Haswell GA-B85M motherboard and I3 CPU with HD 4400 for about the same
price as what you'd pay for the graphics card, chip and board that you listed. Look into it and compare
prices. Stay away from the really cheap PSUs that will damage your other hardware when they fail.
You can always get a Corsair CX-430 for not much money after rebate. At least those won't fry your
other parts and really make things expensive. :|

There are a few threads in the Deals of the Day sub-forum that lists HP 8300 Elites at very good prices. $300 for an i7-3770 system with 4GB RAM is tough to beat. From what I've read, the HP 8300s are fairly hackintosh friendly.

No matter what you buy make sure that it has as much RAM as possible. 4GB probably won't cut it. The more the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back