3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hiya,

I just want some clarification, cause the more I think about it the more confused I get.

Planning on a new build,

From my understanding the 5770 is currently not supported in 64 bit, but is in 32 bit.

I have posted before regarding memory and graphics cards and have has some response.

Have got the following for my build

Processor

Motherboard

Graphics Card

I will be getting 6Gb of ram

My confusion starts here

1. Aren't all 5770 cards the same, be it ATI / Sapphire / XFX / Batmobile?
2. Will the above graphics card work?
3. If the graphics card works in 32 bit will the Hackintosh recognise all 6Gb of memory

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance

HW

hw007 said:
Hiya,

I just want some clarification, cause the more I think about it the more confused I get.

Planning on a new build,

From my understanding the 5770 is currently not supported in 64 bit, but is in 32 bit.

I have posted before regarding memory and graphics cards and have has some response.

Have got the following for my build

Processor

Motherboard

Graphics Card

I will be getting 6Gb of ram

My confusion starts here

1. Aren't all 5770 cards the same, be it ATI / Sapphire / XFX / Batmobile?
2. Will the above graphics card work?
3. If the graphics card works in 32 bit will the Hackintosh recognise all 6Gb of memory

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance

HW
1. No, some are based on the reference design of 2 DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort and some will have only 1 DVI port.
2. This card looks like it is based on the reference design, so it will most likely work.
3. Unlike Windows, a 32-bit OS X kernel can address up to I think 16GB of RAM and the 64-bit kernel much more. The real limit with a 32-bit kernel is that applications can only address and use a maximum of 4GB of real RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back