Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, guys! :) I still have my old iMac 2011 (mid) but its way too old.

Now I have the Product specification of my LCD witch is the LM270WQ1 - Suffix SDE3

--------------IMAC 20" ------------------------- IMAC 27"----------------

Based on the HDP signal came to me a project in the head what I had read here once and had also rebuilt itself.

I noticed that, as in Kiwisincebirth from the iMac 20 project, the pinout is very close to iMac 27" mid 2011 or almost identical.

We have there TMDS data0 to data2 signals as Lane0 to lane3 but here is one more there?

And we have the same DDC SCL and SDA signals as well as HPD

Could it be exactly the same pinout?

Would be great if maybe one could give a push in the right direction :)

because I know only kiwi's project and ersthernd project :)

Sorry 4 my Google English. :D

Just did the exact same thing with a mid 2010 iMac 27". Got the board from the same supplier from Ali and fitted it in yesterday. Coolest 27 Monitor ever. Still thinking how to mount monitor inputs and power switch but everything works just a it is supposed to.
Also left the camera, speakers and SD card reader in. camera and SD already modded so that they can be used with USB. Planning to fit a small amplifier inside to be able to use also the speakers.

thank you for this tip. I got an late 2009 27" here. Modded and still running but when the hackintosh build is finished it needs some purpose ...

I wouldn't use a board like that, you can adapt the eDP directly to a normal displayport and the inverter can be reused too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back