Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

My Dell 1560 (BCM94352Z) wifi card is not working. I have put the KextToPatch patch listed in my config.plist (attached) and installed both the latest versions of FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. The card does not show up in the network pane in system settings.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 270
My Dell 1560 (BCM94352Z) wifi card is not working. I have put the KextToPatch patch listed in my config.plist (attached) and installed both the latest versions of FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. The card does not show up in the network pane in system settings.

You entered the patch incorrectly.

Could you elaborate please. Your help is much appreciated.

Look at the patch you entered with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
You will see the Find/Replace is nothing like the patch mentioned in post #1.

Look at the patch you entered with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.
You will see the Find/Replace is nothing like the patch mentioned in post #1.
This is what I have now. I used PlistEdit Pro. Wifi still undetected.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 276
This is what I have now. I used PlistEdit Pro. Wifi still undetected.

Now it is correct. Make sure you have correct FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.
And keep in mind that Clover can only patch kexts that are in the cache...
So after having the correct patch, you must rebuild cache, then reboot.

Now it is correct. Make sure you have correct FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.
And keep in mind that Clover can only patch kexts that are in the cache...
So after having the correct patch, you must rebuild cache, then reboot.

Well I learned something new. Thanks for the help.

Followed you guide...I installed sierra on my laptop and was able to boot it from the USB installer using the 0x12345678 id as suggested and followed your instructions on clearing cache etc. After that when I am enabling the necessary patch for kext (10.12.x) in plist for the memory issue, and substituting the bogus id with necessary id (for 5500) as suggested in your guides, my usb does not boot to the OS. Any suggestions? You have also mentioned that Sierra is not recommended for Broadwell..So which version works the best as per you suggestion?

Last edited:
Followed you guide...I installed sierra on my laptop and was able to boot it from the USB installer using the 0x12345678 id as suggested and followed your instructions on clearing cache etc. After that when I am enabling the necessary patch for kext (10.12.x) in plist for the memory issue, and substituting the bogus id with necessary id (for 5500) as suggested in your guides, my usb does not boot to the OS. Any suggestions? You have also mentioned that Sierra is not recommended for Broadwell..So which version works the best as per you suggestion?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back