Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

And I think I see what you're referring to. It is more like a jerkyness at login and after login for a few seconds...

Since I don't see it on my Ivy Probook 4540s, nor on this KabyLake Probook 440 G4, I suspect it is Haswell specific. As we already know, there are serious issues with Haswell on hacks with 10.12.x.

Hi, Rehabman! I'm also experiencing the lag/slutter problems after 10.12.4 update on my MSI GE70 2OE Laptop (with Haswell HD4600). I did some research and trial and figured out that those lags are NOT dependent on:

1. SMBIOS (I'm using MacbookPro11,1)
2. Lilu+Intelfixup presence
3. ACPI patches (tried to load with original DSDT and SSDT's and disabling different patches one by one)
4. Different ig-platform-id's for Haswell Mobile
5. Third-party kexts (tried to remove all of them from S/L/E and L/E, except FakeSMC)
6. Kext Patches in clover (tried to disable all of them one by one)

Also I noticed the following:

1. The lags take place also after display wake but only for 5 secs, instead of 30 seconds after boot.
2. There are no lags if I use a fake ig-platform-id 0x12345678 and thus have no QE/CI

I hope this can help. Maybe fakepciid intel_hd_graphics.kext needs some improvements to match the 10.12.4 new features.

Hi, Rehabman! I'm also experiencing the lag/slutter problems after 10.12.4 update on my MSI GE70 2OE Laptop (with Haswell HD4600). I did some research and trial and figured out that those lags are NOT dependent on:

1. SMBIOS (I'm using MacbookPro11,1)
2. Lilu+Intelfixup presence
3. ACPI patches (tried to load with original DSDT and SSDT's and disabling different patches one by one)
4. Different ig-platform-id's for Haswell Mobile
5. Third-party kexts (tried to remove all of them from S/L/E and L/E, except FakeSMC)
6. Kext Patches in clover (tried to disable all of them one by one)

Also I noticed the following:

1. The lags take place also after display wake but only for 5 secs, instead of 30 seconds after boot.
2. There are no lags if I use a fake ig-platform-id 0x12345678 and thus have no QE/CI

I hope this can help. Maybe fakepciid intel_hd_graphics.kext needs some improvements to match the 10.12.4 new features.

I think this is just more of the same Haswell graphics issues that started with 10.12...
My advice: For Haswell laptop, use 10.11.6, not 10.12.x.

My advice: For Haswell laptop, use 10.11.6, not 10.12.x.

Well, 10.12.3 worked perfectly too for me... Hope next update will bring us a fix or someone will find a good solution for those issues sooner :)

This and this has already been reported to fix the freezing issue for people with Haswell IGPU, at least on the Vietnamese community

Yes. Lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext comprise a hack to fix the freezing in Safari (and other apps that use the Safari rendering engine) with Haswell IGPU.

No idea if it will fix this particular issue (pauses at startup)...

The lag is something I have seen on many MSI laptops using Haswell IGPU, but strangely it also happens to some other Dell laptops too, I too have no idea why

Seems to be Haswell specific... (at least so far).

I take it Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup doesn't help.

I take it Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup doesn't help.

Confirmed. Installed Lilu+IntelGraphicsFixup on my u430.
It does not solve the lag problem shortly after startup.

Also, I checked my BRIX (HD4400) desktop mini... It does not have that lag problem (although it has the Safari video lockup problem without Lilu+IntelGraphicsFixup). Interesting...

Thinking about updating my laptop to 12.4 from 11.6. I prepared a USB but get kernel panic on boot.. Graphics SKL Framebuffer causes it.

Unsure about whether or not it is worth the trouble. Is Sierra buggy and unstable on Kaby Lake hardware as well?

Thinking about updating my laptop to 12.4 from 11.6. I prepared a USB but get kernel panic on boot.. Graphics SKL Framebuffer causes it.

Open a separate thread.
Attach "Problem Reporting" files.

Unsure about whether or not it is worth the trouble. Is Sierra buggy and unstable on Kaby Lake hardware as well?

You can read about issues in 10.12 in post #1.

Back