Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

hello there in 10.11.6 my built in mic was working fine
but in 10.12.3 it's not working im using rehabman's ALC 283 kext any ideas ????

Out of curiosity is there a fix in the works for the non-functioning brightness issue with 10.12.4? Dimming of the LCD panel works when switching to battery, but manually changing still does not work.

Out of curiosity is there a fix in the works for the non-functioning brightness issue with 10.12.4? Dimming of the LCD panel works when switching to battery, but manually changing still does not work.

It works with Brightness by bergdesign.

Based on my current laptop (in signature) is macOS something I can go ahead and upgrade if I am looking to use as a daily driver, or should I stay pat with El Capitan?

Based on my current laptop (in signature) is macOS something I can go ahead and upgrade if I am looking to use as a daily driver, or should I stay pat with El Capitan?

Assuming you followed my ProBook guide, yes... the current Probook github content works with 10.12.3 and your 4540s.

Assuming you followed my ProBook guide, yes... the current Probook github content works with 10.12.3 and your 4540s.
Yes I installed El Capitan via your guide, so would I simply be able to just upgraded this time like a normal MacBook? Or would it require me to do a full reinstall again?

Yes I installed El Capitan via your guide, so would I simply be able to just upgraded this time like a normal MacBook? Or would it require me to do a full reinstall again?

Assuming you have the latest files, you can update from the Mac App Store.

Hi.

For volume Up/Down i used keyboard shortcuts as services.
Work good for me.

Add this as service and run first time manually.
VolumeUp:
Code:
set vol to output volume of (get volume settings)
if vol > 90 then # 100 max
    set volume output volume 100
else
    set volume output volume (vol + 10)
end if

VolumeDown:
Code:
set vol to output volume of (get volume settings)
if vol < 10 then # 0 is min
    set volume output volume 0
else
    set volume output volume (vol - 10)
end if

Then blind to key combination.

Regards, Al3XKOoL.
What about for brightness?

Back