Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

hi,
i'm trying to migrate from OSX El capitan to OSX Sierra.
I have updated clover and put kext into "other" HD EFI folder.
Downloaded OSX Sierra and on reboot..... i see the correct entry "install mac OSX".
I try to start with option "without kext" and system starts correctly , i see apple logo with progress bar, until i see the image in attach....white screen with cursor rotating if i click on mouse it disappears .
What i can do to solve this issue? i see into forum (also if for desktop)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/
that people got straight with success into this upgrade with minimum effort and someone use "without cache " option but i cannot fint it in options menu

edit1:
if it can be useful i solved downgrading to clover version Clover_v2.3k_r3763 and the rebootin this time i set into option:
- run in verbose mode
- run without cache
- run with injected kext

now is starting finally installaller !

edit2:
It works! now i'm fixing audio issue and usb not responding

Please open a separate thread.

Rehabman i sm using ssd m,2 sandisk 512gb before dell 7559 can detect the internal ssd but now i am upgrading from 10.12 to 10.12.3 it cannot detect thr internal ssd 512gb m.2 it only detects the usb installer at fisk utility ...the ssd can be detected at the bios...the sata is set to achi...please help

Rehabman i sm using ssd m,2 sandisk 512gb before dell 7559 can detect the internal ssd but now i am upgrading from 10.12 to 10.12.3 it cannot detect thr internal ssd 512gb m.2 it only detects the usb installer at fisk utility ...the ssd can be detected at the bios...the sata is set to achi...please help

What kind of SSD? SATA or NVMe?

Nvme sandisk 512gb m.2

This is the image of sandisk 512gb m.2

Attachments

• 41Sl3-dqj9L.jpg
    41Sl3-dqj9L.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 101
Rehabmen
I followed the instruction in insanely forum .i copied the ionnvme kext to efi/clover/kext/10.12...then edit the config philst using text wrangler ..then proceed to
key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> section

Then paste the following code somewhere between the two <array> </array> commands of <key>KextsToPatch.
Still the sandisk 512gb was not detected in disk utility prior to installation

Back