Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Some external mice dongles are a composite device... have also keyboard (even without the physical keyboard).
Quite typical with Logitech, for example.

I'll investigate further

@RehabMan

HD4400/HD4600 crashing with Safari and video playback

No solution. Use Chrome.

--> This would solve the problem ;)

In Clover: KextToPatch
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find: 48898BA8000000
Replace: 90909090909090
Comment: Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)
MatchOS: 10.12.x

(from here: https://applelife.ru/threads/shiki-patcher-polzovatelskogo-urovnja.1349123/page-8#post-608892)

This totally worked for resolving my Safari video playbacks on sites like Fox News GO, Apple keynote video (as tested examples)

Here Rehabman, the proposed solution to the Safari freeze works wonders! I applied just that patch (didn't need the original Clover patch) and all videos play even when resuming from sleep. I now with the Shiki kext can watch SD iTunes DRM videos on my Envy-j series laptop.

For anyone that tries it, just make sure you don't have the original AppleInterFramebufferAzul one applied and if you disable hardware decoding, re-enable that as well.

Here Rehabman, the proposed solution to the Safari freeze works wonders! I applied just that patch (didn't need the original Clover patch) and all videos play even when resuming from sleep. I now with the Shiki kext can watch SD iTunes DRM videos on my Envy-j series laptop.

For anyone that tries it, just make sure you don't have the original AppleInterFramebufferAzul one applied and if you disable hardware decoding, re-enable that as well.

I tested it here on my u430 (HD4400) and yes, it does seem to work. There are some strange delays sometimes (after sleep?) but it is still workable.

From my understanding of the patch (avoiding a forever loop around a failed IOLockTryLock), the real problem probably exists somewhere else and this fix is just masking the resulting hang (may be unstable, as the only reason an IOLockTryLock would fail consistently is if some code locked the lock somewhere, but failed to unlock it). I suspect there is a failure case somewhere or conditional specific to unsupported graphics devices that leaves the lock acquired instead of releasing (eg. case never tested with a real Mac).

Hi Rehabman,I don't know why the speakers, the microphone and the web cam still don't work.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
I tested it here on my u430 (HD4400) and yes, it does seem to work. There are some strange delays sometimes (after sleep?) but it is still workable.

From my understanding of the patch (avoiding a forever loop around a failed IOLockTryLock), the real problem probably exists somewhere else and this fix is just masking the resulting hang (may be unstable, as the only reason an IOLockTryLock would fail consistently is if some code locked the lock somewhere, but failed to unlock it). I suspect there is a failure case somewhere or conditional specific to unsupported graphics devices that leaves the lock acquired instead of releasing (eg. case never tested with a real Mac).

Yep on my system my delay happens when I first play the content that caused the freeze before the patch. So if I freshly boot my system and try the content, it will have a delay of maybe 1 second but even by going to sleep, I don't seem to have the delay a second time. I do agree that it looks to mask the real issue. Let me know if there is any testing you want me to do that could help.

Just want to point something out. I've been testing 10.12.3 Beta (16D30a), and it looks like Apple decided to do away with the Fn key settings completely now, and all Fn settings have been completely removed from the Keyboard SysPrefs and replaced with a new Keyboard Shortcut section dedicated to the TouchBar, and the Fn Key is now behaving as if I have to press it down to enact any function. Furthermore, the audio keys (F7-F12) are completely non-functional unless I Press+Hold Fn key first.
  • Fn+F7: Previous
  • Fn+F8: Play/Pause
  • Fn+F9: Next
  • Fn+F10: Mute
  • Fn+F11: Volume Down
  • Fn+F12: Volume Up
    (It looks like they flipped the Music Controls and Volume Controls to different sides now)

• Fn+F1: Brightness Down
  • Fn+F2: Brightness Up
    (Note: Strictly pressing F2 or F3 without depressing Fn will still enact the Brightness control as usual, but that is a hardcoded function of VoodooPS2 if I'm not mistaken)

i have a suggestion for some intel HD4400 [10.12.2] for freezing issue in safari, confirm working Native "applebacklight.kext" on my laptop you can try it for yourself. just remove intelbacklight.kext and properly patch your DSDT & SSDT where gfx0 located. i have smooth transition and proper back-light level.

Back