Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Anybody using karabiner elements? How to enable gestures like three fingers up with it? With karabiner elements, the three fingers up will just become up arrow

Other than that it great for mapping brightness etc

And anybody know how to enable keyboard shortcuts for increase brightness? I somewhat have that option in keyboard shortcuts, but after reinstalling it is not there again

Thanks

Anybody using karabiner elements? How to enable gestures like three fingers up with it? With karabiner elements, the three fingers up will just become up arrow

Other than that it great for mapping brightness etc

And anybody know how to enable keyboard shortcuts for increase brightness? I somewhat have that option in keyboard shortcuts, but after reinstalling it is not there again

Thanks

You can assign the three finger gestures to whatever you like in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. No need for Karabiner.

For correct brightness key implementation, see brightness guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Note: If you're using my kext, it generates F14/F15 for the brightness keys (assuming you implement the EC query patches as per guide). The defaults for F14/F15 are for brightness adjustment. The options for changing that default in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts will only show if you plug a USB keyboard.

You can assign the three finger gestures to whatever you like in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. No need for Karabiner.

For correct brightness key implementation, see brightness guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Note: If you're using my kext, it generates F14/F15 for the brightness keys (assuming you implement the EC query patches as per guide). The defaults for F14/F15 are for brightness adjustment. The options for changing that default in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts will only show if you plug a USB keyboard.

When using voodoo 1st time, it asks a new keyboard is attached (but I click cancel), maybe this is the cause of not seeing the brightness shortcut on keyboard ?

Since I still have brightness keyboard shortcut before without using external keyboard

When using voodoo 1st time, it asks a new keyboard is attached (but I click cancel), maybe this is the cause of not seeing the brightness shortcut on keyboard ?

Since I still have brightness keyboard shortcut before without using external keyboard

I don't know what you mean by "not seeing the brightness shortcut on the keyboard".

Oh, and with the karabiner element, when I install it, the gesture is not correct, maybe it intercepts it ? Ex 3 finger swipe up in keyboard shortcut detected as arrow up

I don't know what you mean by "not seeing the brightness shortcut on the keyboard".

:) It was in my previous post that there is keyboard shortcut that increase and decrease brightness, but now is not there anymore after I reinstall mac

:) It was in my previous post that there is keyboard shortcut that increase and decrease brightness, but now is not there anymore after I reinstall mac

You wrote "on the keyboard". Are you actually referring to SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts?

If so, brightness options are not present for most laptop SMBIOS unless you plug in a USB keyboard.

You wrote "on the keyboard". Are you actually referring to SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts?

If so, brightness options are not present for most laptop SMBIOS unless you plug in a USB keyboard.

Yes SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. it was available without external keyboard, thats strange, or maybe extenal mouse should show it?

Yes SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. it was available without external keyboard, thats strange, or maybe extenal mouse should show it?

Some external mice dongles are a composite device... have also keyboard (even without the physical keyboard).
Quite typical with Logitech, for example.

I feel as though i'm missing something. The upgrade from 10.11.6 to 10.12.2 has worked fine, but i've lost audio. It has fixed a random mouse not working error I was having, however.

Standard 4540S - Intel HD Audio I think? It will be something simple that i'm missing i'm sure...

Back