Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

My brightness level keeps changing back to highest every time I reboot system. Even though I've updated clover and reinstalled RC script. What should I do now?
Btw, I'm using 520/530 HD glitches fix

My brightness level keeps changing back to highest every time I reboot system. Even though I've updated clover and reinstalled RC script. What should I do now?

Use a version of Clover that works.

The problems listed here are likely to be experienced by anyone installing macOS Sierra 10.12 on a laptop.

Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires additional patches

The patch was created by the-darkvoid.

eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

Additional background: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312759-fix-macos-sierra-dp1-bcm94532z-wifi/

In addition, for 10.12.1+, you will need these three patches:

Comment: PCI Error #1 (credit Neo.aka.Darkman)
MatchOS: 10.12.1
Find: <4139C4751B>
Replace: <4139C46690>

Comment: PCI Error #2 (credit Neo.aka.Darkman)
Find: <410FB7CD39C1750C>
Replace: <410FB7CD39C16690>

Comment: PCI Error #3 (credit Neo.aka.Darkman)
Find: <837DC4047406>
Replace: <837DC4046690>

Additional background: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316060-pre-release-macos-sierra-10121/#entry2281834

Further details at developer.apple.com.

For my XPS 15 9550, these three PCI Error patches have to be in place to connect and use specific 5G network/router. My Asus88 router did not have any issue, but Netgear R9000 and Asus 55U both would not let me connect/use the 5G network reliably.

For my XPS 15 9550, these three PCI Error patches have to be in place to connect and use specific 5G network/router.

No. The mistake is in your setup elsewhere.
Possibilities:
- ACPI injections via SSDT or DSDT patches you don't need
- ACPI injections via Clover options that are broken and you don't need
- incorrect version of FakePCIID kexts

The PCI error patches just cover up your other mistakes. Rare case of "two wrongs make a right".

No. The mistake is in your setup elsewhere.
Possibilities:
- ACPI injections via SSDT or DSDT patches you don't need
- ACPI injections via Clover options that are broken and you don't need
- incorrect version of FakePCIID kexts

The PCI error patches just cover up your other mistakes. Rare case of "two wrongs make a right".

Ok. I used darkhanz's patches. Maybe you can point out whether it's a specific ACPI/Clover/FakePCIID issue. I have attached my Clover directory w ACPI, config, and kext.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 87
Ok. I used darkhanz's patches. Maybe you can point out whether it's a specific ACPI/Clover/FakePCIID issue. I have attached my Clover directory w ACPI, config, and kext.

Need complete data...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attachments

• clover-io-kext.zip
    4 MB · Views: 103
Hey, I'm having issues with sound. I just installed Sierra on an EliteBook 840 G1 and everything works but sound. On El Capitan, I would just rebuild the kernel cache, boot without caches, restart a few times and it would work. However, that's hot happening this time. I can't boot without caches (I know that was removed in Sierra) and I don't feel like
"sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache - u /" does much anymore because I get this error whenever I use it:
KernelCache ID: 2CEDA9241D6DE8E93C03F2DD3AE910B1

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Is this normal? And what should I do next? I checked my config.plist for the extra AppleHDA patch in the OP but my codec doesn't apply to the warning.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm having issues with sound. I just installed Sierra on an EliteBook 840 G1 and everything works but sound. On El Capitan, I would just rebuild the kernel cache, boot without caches, restart a few times and it would work. However, that's hot happening this time. I can't boot without caches (I know that was removed in Sierra) and I don't feel like
"sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache - u /" does much anymore because I get this error whenever I use it:
KernelCache ID: 2CEDA9241D6DE8E93C03F2DD3AE910B1

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Not an error.

And what should I do next?

Did you follow the guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Back