Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

I'm attaching a photo of them both side-by-side. It might be 2230 idk but, you can see that it's wider... I had difficulties installing it on my laptop.

The '22' refers only to the pinout width (edge connector).
The '30' refers only to the length (eg. distance to the retention screw).

It has nothing to do with the width of the PCB.

The '22' refers only to the pinout width (edge connector).
The '30' refers only to the length (eg. distance to the retention screw).

It has nothing to do with the width of the PCB.
Oh, I'm sorry then...

@RehabMan

HD4400/HD4600 crashing with Safari and video playback

No solution. Use Chrome.

--> This would solve the problem ;)

In Clover: KextToPatch
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find: 48898BA8000000
Replace: 90909090909090
Comment: Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)
MatchOS: 10.12.x

(from here: https://applelife.ru/threads/shiki-patcher-polzovatelskogo-urovnja.1349123/page-8#post-608892)

Solution worked 4 me / Intel HD 4600 with 2nd R9 380 / Clover , stun and forever freeze is gone! Thx!

my elan kext brightness keys f11/f12 and volume keys are now working on Sierra after installing IOHIDFamily.kext from the beta 1 release...I also have intelbacklight kext and a dsdt patch enabled found on the creator's thread over at osxlattitude. I should have mentioned that this on a Gateway laptop NE56R-Hd 3000 using clover uefi.

Last edited:
@RehabMan

HD4400/HD4600 crashing with Safari and video playback

No solution. Use Chrome.

--> This would solve the problem ;)

In Clover: KextToPatch
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find: 48898BA8000000
Replace: 90909090909090
Comment: Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)
MatchOS: 10.12.x

(from here: https://applelife.ru/threads/shiki-patcher-polzovatelskogo-urovnja.1349123/page-8#post-608892)

Worked for me with Sierra. Theverge.com videos are always crashing my system. After the patch there's no problem with the video playback anymore. Thank you!

i have the same laptop (envy 15t k000). for ALC290 in 10.11 i used a patched AppleHDA by mirone, but i can't find that he has created a patched kext for 10.12. could you pls post the patch you used to get ALC290 working?

thanks

Firstly, and I should have clarified this initially tlhough my working Apple HDA is inclusive of sound output only. Despite the inclusion of both Rehabman's automatically generated AppleHDA patches from his HP Envy 15T 10.11 El Capitan guide as well as the additional patches generated from Mirone's AppleHDA latest patch tool (v1.6), I have not been able to get the internal mic to function.

Getting the sound output to work it as simple as using Mirone's too and taking the generated "dummy.kext" and renaming it to "AppleHDA_ALC290.kext" then place it in your Library/Extensions folder. Next repair the kext permissions and rebuild your caches and your done.

I can confirm that the volume keys work in macOS 10.12.1 Public Beta 3, but the brightness keys are a bit chaotic. Also WiFi for specific model BCM94352HMB breaks and requires even more patching to fix. Here is what I currently know about what happens with this Beta:
  • F2 increases the brightness (instead of lowering it as intended)
  • F3 increases brightness as well but causes volume to decrease (OSD shows both Volume and Brightness in a chaotic fashion)
  • These next two I believe are the stock keyboard shortcuts for Brightness Control on a MacBook Pro, but I could be wrong:
    • Pressing the Scroll Lock/Num Lock key actually decreases brightness.
    • Holding Fn + Pg Up (Which will be Pause), increases brightness
  • F7, F8, and F9 work as intended now (Mute, Lower Volume, Raise Volume respectively)
  • Playback Keys also work as intended now (F10, F11, and F12)
  • The Keyboard SysPref Pane does not show the option to switch between holding the Fn key or not for using the keys mentioned above.
  • Trackpad PrefPane is also still blank therefore still classified as a known issue.
  • Certain BCM94352HMB WiFi Cards do break completely in Public Beta 3 and currently seem to only affect the Azurewave AW-CE123H which is the model I currently have in my ProBook, and requires 3 additional patches to bring it back (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316060-pre-release-macos-sierra-10121/?p=2281834).

Is the BCM94352Z wireless card still recommended? I'll purchase one if it's the best way to get Wireless & Bluetooth on my XPS 13 :)

hi @RehabMan
im using BCM94352HMB, and for the BT i'm using your BrcmPatchRam, and the problem is why everytime my Asus K401LB wake it take a long time for the BT to be ON again (not like the wifi that it get turned ON after 1 or 2 secs) ? like 1 minute or so, does it normal ? or are there anyway so i could make it more faster. thanks

hi @RehabMan
im using BCM94352HMB, and for the BT i'm using your BrcmPatchRam, and the problem is why everytime my Asus K401LB wake it take a long time for the BT to be ON again (not like the wifi that it get turned ON after 1 or 2 secs) ? like 1 minute or so, does it normal ? or are there anyway so i could make it more faster. thanks

Off-topic. Open a separate thread.

Back