Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Hi,

I made the modification with PlistEdit and it works but not at each boot.
First boot after modification: it works, the glitch appears less than one second.
3 next boots: doesn't work, 2 seconds glitch
Several next boots: it works again.

I join my new config.plist in case of you can identify the reason.

In any case thank you for your help!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I try glitch fix but in my video you will see, problem loading and logo apple still exists. I did something wrong in the hot patch in config.plist?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 1.05.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 1.05.51 PM.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Asus_S46CM_CLOVER_edit3.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 95
I try glitch fix but in my video you will see, problem loading and logo apple still exists. I did something wrong in the hot patch in config.plist?

The patch in your config.plist looks correct.
And as written in the original guide for glitch fix in 10.11, the patch only reduces the severity and better results if you enable CSM/legacy boot.

The patch in your config.plist looks correct.
And as written in the original guide for glitch fix in 10.11, the patch only reduces the severity and better results if you enable CSM/legacy boot.

i try enable CSM/legacy boot but boot fail. detail in BIOS config and error in attack files

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 10.30.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 10.30.45 PM.png
    556.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 10.30.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 10.30.53 PM.png
    545.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 10.31.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 10.31.03 PM.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 10.31.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 10.31.14 PM.png
    624.2 KB · Views: 114
  • error.png
    error.png
    425.8 KB · Views: 87
Hi guys!

I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra using Clover, and got the wifi error where my WiFi was working but didn't find any networks to connect with. After whitelisting the card (Broadcom) using Rehabman's method in this post, I started to see networks but couldn't connect to any of them (the wifi dock-icon just kept "connecting" forever).

I don't use the Wifi to get internet, I use ordinairy LAN for that. But I used to make use of my WiFi as a wifi-hotspot (sharing > share internet) in El Capitan without any problem or need for kext. This has stopped working in Sierra for me now, and I would like to know if there is a way to restore it.

Hi guys!

I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra using Clover, and got the wifi error where my WiFi was working but didn't find any networks to connect with. After whitelisting the card (Broadcom) using Rehabman's method in this post, I started to see networks but couldn't connect to any of them (the wifi dock-icon just kept "connecting" forever).

I don't use the Wifi to get internet, I use ordinairy LAN for that. But I used to make use of my WiFi as a wifi-hotspot (sharing > share internet) in El Capitan without any problem or need for kext. This has stopped working in Sierra for me now, and I would like to know if there is a way to restore it.

Open a separate thread with details.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

After updating to 10.12.4 Activity Monitor crashes every time upon loading.
Is there anybody here with this same problem?

brightness don't work with 10.12.4 in Broadwell 5600HD

I saw the last comment about brightness still not working, but has anyone had the issue when the PC is booting and you get the transition from Apple logo to the Desktop, you will get lag where the clock in the upper-right will skip a couple seconds? Also if you try to move your mouse during this period, it will either not move or stutter across the screen. I posted this before but on the early betas and up to Beta 8, I would get this bug. On 10.12.3, no issues so wanted to ask if anybody has this. I posted my problem reporting files a couple pages back. Currently using MacBookPro,11.1 SMBIOS with latest Clover.

Back