Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Regarding the Skylake Graphics issues, are there any hopes that this issue will recieve a patch or fix?

Regarding the Skylake Graphics issues, are there any hopes that this issue will recieve a patch or fix?

Everyone that has a Skylake graphics device that is not well supported by 10.12 is hoping for a fix. Note that not all Skylake graphics devices have the problem.

Volume + / - / mute / play,pause / stop / previous /next not work in 10.12 on my acer laptop
Brightness hotkeys not work on my hp Probook
I hope it will work in later releases 10.12.1

Volume + / - / mute / play,pause / stop / previous /next not work in 10.12 on my acer laptop
Brightness hotkeys not work on my hp Probook
I hope it will work in later releases 10.12.1

All problems you mention are already documented in post #1. No need to repeat what is already known.

Also, the solutions for all you mention is in post #1:
- update to 10.12.1 beta
- map brightness keys to F14/F15

Last edited:
Question for RehabMan:

I've been Hackintoshing for 2 and a half years now, not an expert by any means, but I have persevered and after many hours learning, I have a system I'm really pleased with, everything works (including USB 3 thanks to your help) and is stable (10.11.6). In my limited experience with previous new OS's there have been challenges but usually fairly quickly solutions are found by people much cleverer than I. It seems to be harder with Sierra and fixes appear to be taking longer. My question is, do you think this (Sierra) is the start of a much more difficult experience going forward for the enthusiastic amateur such as myself?

Question for RehabMan:

I've been Hackintoshing for 2 and a half years now, not an expert by any means, but I have persevered and after many hours learning, I have a system I'm really pleased with, everything works (including USB 3 thanks to your help) and is stable (10.11.6). In my limited experience with previous new OS's there have been challenges but usually fairly quickly solutions are found by people much cleverer than I. It seems to be harder with Sierra and fixes appear to be taking longer. My question is, do you think this (Sierra) is the start of a much more difficult experience going forward for the enthusiastic amateur such as myself?

Your question calls for predicting the future, which of course is not possible.

Back