Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Oh. It did crash on theverge.com. Who uses safari anyway.
I don't use it as well but for the sake of evaluating the proposed patch to fix the crash, yes the patch works pretty well and videos on The Verge on Safari does not crash anymore.

I don't use it as well but for the sake of evaluating the proposed patch to fix the crash, yes the patch works pretty well and videos on The Verge on Safari does not crash anymore.

It's not just that website this occurs on.

I think that patch has other side effects that I don't like. Out of a sudden, Opera refused to open any page even the speed dial and freeze on closing. Movies that used to work fine with MplayerX or QuickTime Player Stopped working and the apps themselves freeze on closing too. Once I removed the patch and rebooted all these apps started working as usual. I don't know what EXACTLY that patch do but from its comment it does something with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator which affect all other apps that use the accelerator.

Bottom line: I second Rehabman's words that this patch is not 100% fix. I will wait for other ideas ...

My Sierra system is literally nothing more then your HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q using Clover UEFI guide for 10.11 verbatim with the only differences being I patched the AppleHDA.kext for 10.12 compatibility

i have the same laptop (envy 15t k000). for ALC290 in 10.11 i used a patched AppleHDA by mirone, but i can't find that he has created a patched kext for 10.12. could you pls post the patch you used to get ALC290 working?

thanks

Solved ! Get audio again after repatch by Clover hotpatch guide...

Last edited:
for audio i used voodoohda .pkg without any patch it's worked ...
the only problem i have is that the menu bar keep on flickering..when i right click or left click for menu it flickers for 6 seconds...what's the workaround for this?

for audio i used voodoohda .pkg without any patch it's worked ...
the only problem i have is that the menu bar keep on flickering..when i right click or left click for menu it flickers for 6 seconds...what's the workaround for this?

Your profile has no hardware details...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

is it true apple is shifting to arm processor A series for future macbook series and abandon intel ptocessor? what wil happen to the hackintosh community then?

Back