Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Hello guys. I have Dell Inspirion 5567 (Intel Core I5 7gen, IntelHD620)... I can't unlock bios (the piece of ****) for DVMT-prealloc and have after boot only 6mb vram. I tried RehabMan laptop config (config_HD615_620_630_640_650) and I can't enable QE/CI. Please help, I have ioreg if needed. Thanks beforehand.

Attachments

• Sasha’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    17.2 MB · Views: 68
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 93
Hello guys. I have Dell Inspirion 5567 (Intel Core I5 7gen, IntelHD620)... I can't unlock bios (the piece of ****) for DVMT-prealloc and have after boot only 6mb vram. I tried RehabMan laptop config (config_HD615_620_630_640_650) and I can't enable QE/CI. Please help, I have ioreg if needed. Thanks beforehand.

Your ioreg is corrupt.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, read DVMT prealloc related in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Sorry for wrong files. I really don't understand what I need to do to enable correct work of alternative patch... Please help if can.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 80
  • Sasha’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    13 MB · Views: 79
Can You tell me please what I do wrong? I tried enable minisize path, boot with fake id, rebuild and boot normal... and this didn't work.

Use a plist from the guide, unmodified.
Also, don't forget to fill out your profile as per FAQ.

I use Your config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof ... and enable audio and usb.

I use Your config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof ... and enable audio and usb.

Open a separate thread.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting ".

Hi, I just updated to 10.12.6. I read that after an update install
run ./install_downloads.sh again in some laptop guides. Since mine doesn't have one, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe something to renew kexts, caches etc?

Thanks

Hi, I just updated to 10.12.6. I read that after an update install
run ./install_downloads.sh again in some laptop guides. Since mine doesn't have one, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe something to renew kexts, caches etc?

Thanks

The exact procedures depend on whether there is a guide for your laptop and what is written in it.
As things change version to version (as per post #1 here), changes to your configuration need to be made to accommodate. Some guides (such as mine) have these tasks automated, but if you did things manually in the first place, you will need to make such fixes manually after the update... as deemed necessary to fix any problems you may have.

Back