Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems in 10.13 High Sierra

in macOS 10.13.1 why rebuild cache with shortcut (sudo kextcache -i /) happening like this in attached image?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 12.48.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 12.48.00 AM.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 218
@RehabMan After a lot of digging around I found out that the issue of black/white/grey screen after display/system sleep is related to macOS High Sierra. Real Mac users are also facing this problem.

So I guess it might be worth adding to OP.

Regards

in macOS 10.13.1 why rebuild cache with shortcut (sudo kextcache -i /) happening like this in attached image?
By "like this" if you mean cache being rebuilt 2 times then yes, this has something to do with macOS 10.13.1 update. If you will notice closely you will see that it just prints out the STDOUT second time (doesn't actually rebuild).

Not a problem to worry about though.

Regards

It is the expected output. What do you perceive as a problem?

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 92
RehabMan.
Replacing CoreKE.framework from 10.12.6 (/ S / L /PrivateFrameworks) prevents iTunes from crashing.
But I do not know how this affects the whole system.

deleted

Last edited:
@RehabMan:

I'm running r4289 and Sierra 10.13.1. Any reason why the autoboot/timeout settings is not working? My system specs can be found on my post. (X99, GTX 1080, 64GB of memory, Samsung 960 nvme). This is my main system, and it always has worked before, but not now. I've spent over a day trying to get this to work and I can't.

On another system, a secondary Skylake system (different specs, of course), it works. Both system drives are formatted with HFS (although this is a clover only issue I would think). But just so you know, I did not upgrade either one to APFS.

Any ideas?

This is the laptop forum. Desktop questions are off-topic.

Sorry, I'll delete the post.

Back