Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems in 10.13 High Sierra

I cannot make "rearrange icons in the Menu Bar"
happen since upgraded to High Sierra 10.13 by holding down the Command (⌘) key on the keyboard and dragging the icon to the desired location.

Anyone have the same issue?

Still working here.

@RehabMan Hi again! I am experimenting with a separate boot of High Sierra on a 960 EVO. The boot time is very slow, 3-5 mins, and I have opted out of APFS. Any ideas? Thanks!

@RehabMan Hi again! I am experimenting with a separate boot of High Sierra on a 960 EVO. The boot time is very slow, 3-5 mins, and I have opted out of APFS. Any ideas? Thanks!

Check boot in verbose mode(-v) and probably you will see that it hangs on "legacy shim 2" which is connected to APFS&TRIM(but strange that it hangs for over 3 min)
Yesterday i installed Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB and see that there is no way to turn off TRIM for that disk(no clover patch etc). If it hangs for me on "legacy shim...." for around 10sec(it's not a big problem so i'll wait with reverting to HFS+).

Check boot in verbose mode(-v) and probably you will see that it hangs on "legacy shim 2" which is connected to APFS&TRIM(but strange that it hangs for over 3 min)
Yesterday i installed Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB and see that there is no way to turn off TRIM for that disk(no clover patch etc). If it hangs for me on "legacy shim...." for around 10sec(it's not a big problem so i'll wait with reverting to HFS+).

Thanks @gulios. I thought the TRIM thing was only for APFS. I cloned my installation on a virgin HFS+ SSD after installation.

I managed to fix my slow boot in the end by clearing kexts in Clover and L/E only kept the essentials in S/L/E. Native power managementfix may have helped too.

In my case I only needed fakesmc, intelgraphicsfixup, intelmausiethetnet kexts to boot succesfully as the essentials. Not sure if lilu or shiki played a part but theY are there too

I have an issue, after booting and seeing the apple logo the screen goes dark for 5 seconds apple logo then login screen any fixes.

P.S. I do not have launch CSM in my BIOS to use the driver that normally fixes that.

I have an issue, after booting and seeing the apple logo the screen goes dark for 5 seconds apple logo then login screen any fixes.

P.S. I do not have launch CSM in my BIOS to use the driver that normally fixes that.

No idea what you mean by "then login screen any fixes".
You need to describe your issue clearly.
Open a separate thread so you can provide photos and problem reporting files as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I cannot make "rearrange icons in the Menu Bar"
happen since upgraded to High Sierra 10.13 by holding down the Command (⌘) key on the keyboard and dragging the icon to the desired location.

Anyone have the same issue?
working fine here

Back