Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems in 10.13 High Sierra

Means, no need an old Kext to Patch again, with a working Lilu.kext?
For my understanding, no need for a KextsToPatch entry, just Lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext :)

What specific hardware do you have in mind?

Like my GPU, intel HD520.
If I recalled it right, I ever read on common problems thread at sierra subforum that there was a common issue with sleep/wake when using intel HD520 as GPU and it couldn't be fixed.

If I recalled it right, I ever read on common problems thread at sierra subforum that there was a common issue with sleep/wake when using intel HD520 as GPU and it couldn't be fixed.

It is early days with 10.13 yet.
Not all problems have been identified. It takes time for patterns to emerge.
If you have an issue, open a separate thread with "Problem Reporting" files.

Yes, it seems like a common issue. So many people faces this one. Wait for the solution.

Regarding that "Slow boot with APFS and TRIM"
Are all SSDs affected or only some models/vendors/whatever? Is there any pattern for those incompatibilities except the slow boot?

Regarding that "Slow boot with APFS and TRIM"
Are all SSDs affected or only some models/vendors/whatever? Is there any pattern for those incompatibilities except the slow boot?

Not all SSDs have the issue.
It depends on hardware and perhaps firmware installed on the device.
See here for some more info (including snippets from Linux "quirks" code as related to various SSDs):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

I've installed HS on HDD no TRIM patch but iTunes keeps crashing even updated to latest version of iTunes :/
Resetting iTunes preferences solved it for me.
Quit iTunes.
Execute the following code in Terminal:-
Code:
rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*

Resetting iTunes preferences solved it for me.
Quit iTunes.
Execute the following code in Terminal:-
Code:
rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
didn't work for me :(

Back