Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems and Workarounds on 10.14 Mojave

You cannot use config.plist/Graphics/EDID when using config.plist/Devices/Properties.
Must inject only with config.plist/Devices/Properties.
Refer to the guide plists, as they have a commented template for EDID inject.

already injected EDID via ACPI patching, now it is shown correctly along with new ProductID and VendorID but doesn't affect my problem, so it looks like custom EDID cannot help here.

Trying random values is nonsense. You must read the code/documentation and make sensible choices regarding the setting.

scarceness of documentation and absence of any examples makes it impossible.

found a solution - rolling back to Sierra.

scarceness of documentation and absence of any examples makes it impossible.

With ACPI hotpatch sample code/.dsl files, the source code and comments within is the documentation.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my questions. I have two issues with mojave so far. First is I cannot get it to recognize my lenovo nvme m.2 drive. I have linux loaded on it for the moment and it is blazing fast. I really would like to at least be able to see the drive in mojave. My goal was to have mojave installed on it. I have searched and can't find any solution. Second is I can't get it to recognize external usb hard drives. I have followed advice I found about reloading multibeast and it recognized the external usb drives briefly. When they disappeared again I reinstalled multibeast as before but nothing changed. Of course Ubuntu studio has neither of these issues. A little frustrating and I could use some help. If this is the wrong forum please feel free to redirect me to the right area. thanks for any help offered.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my questions. I have two issues with mojave so far. First is I cannot get it to recognize my lenovo nvme m.2 drive. I have linux loaded on it for the moment and it is blazing fast. I really would like to at least be able to see the drive in mojave. My goal was to have mojave installed on it. I have searched and can't find any solution. Second is I can't get it to recognize external usb hard drives. I have followed advice I found about reloading multibeast and it recognized the external usb drives briefly. When they disappeared again I reinstalled multibeast as before but nothing changed. Of course Ubuntu studio has neither of these issues. A little frustrating and I could use some help. If this is the wrong forum please feel free to redirect me to the right area. thanks for any help offered.

Open a separate thread with complete problem reporting files as per FAQ.
Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ. Before your next post.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I got the RX 580 GPU today, so i updated to Mojave almost perfectly, but i can't get USB 3.0 to work. I somehow managed to make it work (thanks to malki) in High Sierra - it took almost a day. I think that changing SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1 helped. Now i'm half a day in and still trying to fix the same problem in Mojave. My motherboard is Gigabyte X99-UD4. I can't find X99_Injector USB 3.kext for Mojave anywhere. It looks like it's named XHCI-unsupported.kext now.
View attachment 360612 View attachment 360613
I tried various combinations of USBInjectAll.kext, X99_Injector US3.kext (from High Sierra), XHCI-unsupported.kext. It didn't work. Tried KextToPatch from High Sierra - didn't work either.
View attachment 360619 View attachment 360620

I would be very grateful for any help.

Off-topic. This a laptop thread.

For USB configuration, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Graphics anomalies: Currently, pre-metal video cards used in Mojave will produce a weird darkish grey Menu Bar and Finder sidebar when using the light theme. In the dark theme, however, these anomalies are not present.
I noticed one interesting feature.
When I load Mojave using the Chameleon bootloader and my 9800 GT video card is detected correctly, I also have graphic anomalies (a weird darkish menu bar and Finder sidebar).

BUT! If I load the system with Clover, then my 9800 GT is incorrectly defined as nVidia Chip Model 8 MB, the graphics are very slow, but there are no dark gray anomalies in the light theme! Attached is a screenshot.

This means that the problem of the dark gray anomaly can be solved on pre-metal video cards.

006828ea1b05.png

I noticed one interesting feature.
When I load Mojave using the Chameleon bootloader and my 9800 GT video card is detected correctly, I also have graphic anomalies (a weird darkish menu bar and Finder sidebar).

BUT! If I load the system with Clover, then my 9800 GT is incorrectly defined as nVidia Chip Model 8 MB, the graphics are very slow, but there are no dark gray anomalies in the light theme! Attached is a screenshot.

This means that the problem of the dark gray anomaly can be solved on pre-metal video cards.

006828ea1b05.png

You should probably investigate the different properties injected on your graphics device.
(look in IOACPIPlane, device-properties under the node that represents the Nvidia).

Hey everyone. I have a problem.

I have installed latest Mojave and everything till now works with one exception.

When I'm trying to login to app store/itunes it throws an error to contact to support.

I get message like: "In case of getting help, please contact with itunes support". It does not matter if I try to login to app store nor itunes. What is interesting, the problem occurs while I'm checking my account details regarding billing address... The credentials check and login goes without any problem. After login I'm getting the message that apple ID was never been used in app store, and in that case I have to check my details.

Any help?

Thank you.

Hey everyone. I have a problem.

I have installed latest Mojave and everything till now works with one exception.

When I'm trying to login to app store/itunes it throws an error to contact to support.

I get message like: "In case of getting help, please contact with itunes support". It does not matter if I try to login to app store nor itunes. What is interesting, the problem occurs while I'm checking my account details regarding billing address... The credentials check and login goes without any problem. After login I'm getting the message that apple ID was never been used in app store, and in that case I have to check my details.

Any help?

Thank you.

Open a separate thread with full problem reporting files as per laptop FAQ.

Back