Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems and Workarounds on 10.14 Mojave

Done

I did previously try but i had some issues with USB3 Ports not working, there was a Bios Update with USB Port fixes which i did update, seems that did fix that existing problem after all.
Successfully created custom usb port injector, after installing USBInjectall.kext (removed fakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_XHCImux.kext) rebooted and:
4x front USB2 ports on EH02 > PR21:
- HP21
- HP22
- HP23
- HP24
2x back USB2 ports on EH02 > PR21:
- HP25
- HP26
Result: EH02 port completely used with all existing USB2 Ports on their proper place.
EH01 unused, disabled with SSDT-DEH01

XHC Port "8086_1e31", already complete on your SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl

4x USB 3 Ports on the back
HS01 - SS01,
HS02 - SS02,
HS03 - SS03,
HS04 - SS04
Each one with 2.0 and 3.0 device working.

USB problems solved.

Disabled the patch

Disabled the patch

Removed the patch

Removed

Added

Removed... no idea what i intended there, when i already have created correct SSDT-ALC221.dsl (forgot to remove the data from config.plist).

Temporary workaround for USB3 Ports to work, now i corrected them.

The problem is, still the Ioreg does take time to load and now it does refresh while i try to save a copy (once or twice) only or if you plug a usb port or something that does change.
Also yes, it does raise the CPU Usage to 100-103%

Otherwise with IoregistryExplorer closed, the cpu usage is 0.0 if nothing opened.

Even though you mentioned that PluginType=1 Power management is not so good on Ivy Bridge, it does look ok on paper, frequency drops to 1600mhz on idle and also turbo boost to it's max turbo boost speed, same for IGPU, lot of stats on AppleIntelinfo.kext test so i assume it should be good ?

Another question, does the CPU fan have available code that can be enabled/tweaked to show fan rpm speed on HWmonitor ?

CPU PM on Ivy requires one of two configurations:
- SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh (no Generate/PluginType)
- Generate/PluginType=true, KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=true (no SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh)

You're using the latter. You might try the former.

CPU PM on Ivy requires one of two configurations:
- SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh (no Generate/PluginType)
- Generate/PluginType=true, KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=true (no SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh)

You're using the latter. You might try the former.
ssdtPRgen.sh was causing issues, very long boot time, as soon as i remove the SSDT, boot time returns to normal.

So second one seems buttery smooth, that’s why i picked that one.
Maybe i shouldve tried beta branch of the script and give it one more try but it seems to be fine as it is.

Ivy ssdtPRgen.sh can be tricky. Some of the options are discussed here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/
I guess the other problems that you told me to fix or maybe another problem prior to those that i might have fixed was causing problems with Power Management from the SSDT with the script.

I just downloaded the script again, generated new SSDT (without w- 2 or w- 3) just normal way.

Rebooted and it seems to be fine now, i even got better Geekbench score with the SSDT generated form script compared to KernelXCPM=True & PluginType1=True

SSDT from script
SSDT.png

KernelXCPM & PluginType1:
Geekbench XCPM.png

1. IOreg for some reasons still takes time to load and does refresh while trying to save (PR script always has to try to grab ioreg with x2 delay).
Are there other errors on my configuration ? (PR files attached)

2. Is this normal, should AppleAPICInterruptController be loaded or it's an indication that is something wrong ?
APIC.png

3. Is the fan RPM code available on DSDT or other ACPI files, so it can be patched to show fan speeds on HWMonitor ?
There are some FAN0 - FAN4 code but im not familiar at this part of hackintosh yet.

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_25614.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
I guess the other problems that you told me to fix or maybe another problem prior to those that i might have fixed was causing problems with Power Management from the SSDT with the script.

I just downloaded the script again, generated new SSDT (without w- 2 or w- 3) just normal way.

Rebooted and it seems to be fine now, i even got better Geekbench score with the SSDT generated form script compared to KernelXCPM=True & PluginType1=True

SSDT from script
View attachment 368499

KernelXCPM & PluginType1:
View attachment 368500

1. IOreg for some reasons still takes time to load and does refresh while trying to save (PR script always has to try to grab ioreg with x2 delay).
Are there other errors on my configuration ? (PR files attached)

2. Is this normal, should AppleAPICInterruptController be loaded or it's an indication that is something wrong ?
View attachment 368502
3. Is the fan RPM code available on DSDT or other ACPI files, so it can be patched to show fan speeds on HWMonitor ?
There are some FAN0 - FAN4 code but im not familiar at this part of hackintosh yet.

Thanks!

It seems you're completely off-topic for this thread, don't you think?

It seems you're completely off-topic for this thread, don't you think?
Against my own rules as well :) :
This is not a troubleshooting thread !
If you have any related issue, open a separate thread on the correct forum.
Will make a new thread for this.

Against my own rules as well :) :

Will make a new thread for this.

Probably best to create new thread in desktop forum.

And you might want to do a fresh install, then apply patches one at a time, testing each time for the specific problem you're having. Maybe then you discover which kext/patch is problematic.

In the MultiBeast 11.0.0 Update says "Expanding an outline choice sometimes takes two clicks to expand. This seems to be related to changes Apple made in Mojave"
Please tell me what is Expanding an outline choice, y search in the wed and don't find nothing

In the MultiBeast 11.0.0 Update says "Expanding an outline choice sometimes takes two clicks to expand. This seems to be related to changes Apple made in Mojave"
Please tell me what is Expanding an outline choice, y search in the wed and don't find nothing
multibeast is mainly for desktops

Off-topic.

Back