Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems and Workarounds on 10.14 Mojave

Is there a fix for the grey top bar in Mojave light mode?

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 11.47.14 PM.png

Change your wallpaper...
(the menu bar is slightly transparent, so it gets colors from the background).

Changed the wallpaper and nothing changed. I believe the transparency is not working.
Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 9.05.02 AM.png

@RehabMan on my machine (haswell) injecting framebuffer-conX-index and framebuffer-conX-busid is necessary in order to get HDMI working. Just injecting pipe, flags and type isn't enough. Any particular reason for this?

Regards

@RehabMan on my machine (haswell) injecting framebuffer-conX-index and framebuffer-conX-busid is necessary in order to get HDMI working. Just injecting pipe, flags and type isn't enough. Any particular reason for this?

Regards

You seem to imply you're replacing an unused port with one that is required for HDMI.
That is quite typical.

Changed the wallpaper and nothing changed. I believe the transparency is not working.
View attachment 354055
That sounds like what happens if you are running light mode on an unsupported Mac that doesn't have a metal capable GPU.

• Graphics anomalies: Currently, pre-metal video cards used in Mojave will produce a weird darkish grey Menu Bar and Finder sidebar when using the light theme. In the dark theme, these anomalies are not present, while other, less obvious anomalies are present (window corners may not render properly, bottom part of dock menus may have artifacts). A workaround for graphics anomalies in light mode is to enable Reduce Transparency in System Preferences > Accessibility > Display (this might create additional side effects beside the obvious loss of transpareny as some systems with pre-metal AMD graphics render the dock in dark gray).

View attachment 354055

Maybe graphics are not implemented correctly.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Make sure you fix your profile as per laptop FAQ (I see no laptop hardware details in your profile).

I managed to update to Mojave with the patched NVidia webdrivers for my GTX970. Until the updated ones will be released, it would be fine for me to use the old ones since the display quality is acceptable. Unfortunately I cannot play videos (tried .mkv files and TCP based TV with several video players), embedded videos on websites seem to work. Guess that has to do with the not updated web drivers and guess there is no workaround at the moment ?

I managed to update to Mojave with the patched NVidia webdrivers for my GTX970. Until the updated ones will be released, it would be fine for me to use the old ones since the display quality is acceptable. Unfortunately I cannot play videos (tried .mkv files and TCP based TV with several video players), embedded videos on websites seem to work. Guess that has to do with the not updated web drivers and guess there is no workaround at the moment ?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Please open a separate thread.

Also, your profile has no laptop hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ before your next reply.

Back