Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems and Workarounds on 10.14 Mojave

Upgraded from 13.6 to Mojave via App store.

Came across few problems. The worst one is not 'looking' great :/

Some things have been bigger unwantedly (the most annoying one is the profile pic of welcome page)
Everything looks WEIRD (blurry and eye-irritating!) including both visual elements and TEXT.

Both above problems convenient me that there's something wrong with my graphic however the Display section show the resolution correctly (1920*1080)

Anyone here who upgraded to Mojave let me know please if the welcome page has been larger or not.

Last edited:
I have Lenovo G570 which is a Sandy Bridge Core i5 CPU with Intel HD3000 for this laptop I always used the MacbookPro 8.1 SMBIOS. what would be the better option for a direct update because I am not able to download from Appstore(Hardware not supported).

I have Lenovo G570 which is a Sandy Bridge Core i5 CPU with Intel HD3000 for this laptop I always used the MacbookPro 8.1 SMBIOS. what would be the better option for a direct update because I am not able to download from Appstore(Hardware not supported).

No support in Mojave for HD3000.

I will be doing some updates/review to all existing guides.

Any guess on when you'll have them ready? Just wondering as switching the configuration to Lilu + Whatevergreen for the framebuffer for my hdmi out is kicking my butt and I need to do some more reading to understand it better. Your guides have always been some of the best for this.

Any guess on when you'll have them ready? Just wondering as switching the configuration to Lilu + Whatevergreen for the framebuffer for my hdmi out is kicking my butt and I need to do some more reading to understand it better. Your guides have always been some of the best for this.

You can already read about WhateverGreen:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

And if you look at my guide plists, you'll see examples:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I've successfully installed Mojave. Can I use hotpatch for post installation?

Back