Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems and Workarounds on 10.14 Mojave

Can someone of you professionals help me, so that my TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter 802.11N (N900) is recognized again and will work in os x 10.14

Thx in advance

Hi rehab man after I updated from high Sierra with full graphics acceleration in Mojave’s after I patched the apple intel frame buffer like this post and I injected the correct platform Not the fake one it shows me in verbose graphics accelerator is working but after the boot os complete the screen is black the laptop has had graphics 5500 Broadwell cpu

Hi rehab man after I updated from high Sierra with full graphics acceleration in Mojave’s after I patched the apple intel frame buffer like this post and I injected the correct platform Not the fake one it shows me in verbose graphics accelerator is working but after the boot os complete the screen is black the laptop has had graphics 5500 Broadwell cpu
Open a separate thread and attach full problem reporting files as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I tried to update but before it finish installing I got a message say" The bless tool was unable to set current boot disk"
I search the site but didn't see any answer to this problem. can anyone tel me how to fix it please. Thanks.

RANDOM KP and Manage storage in 'About this Mac' problems

I installed Mojave following your instruction, so all seems work fine except some random KP.
I updated from a stable High Sierra installation.
After update to Mojave every morning I found a screen saver running, that means that the computer has rebooted.
After login I see that there are a KP log, but there are particular information that can help.

In adding to a random KP, today discovered another little problem and I would like to ask if is a common problem, or I have only.

Due I need to free up some storage space, I followed this Apple guide:
https://support.apple.com/en-vn/HT206996

But when I go in In About this Mac, in the storage section, and press Manage button, it close abruptly the window.
Also if I retry to do it, pressing the Manage button, do nothing.
Definitively I can't Manage storage.
Can someone try to check if it storage management anther About this Mac is working in Mojave ?

Also can someone check my configuration to see what is the cause of the daily (night) KP (attached you will find a debug files) ?

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 rev. 1.0 latest bios
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
AMD Radeon RX 580 nitro+ 8Gb DDR5
Corsair vengeance 16G DDR4 3000mhz
Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Thanks

Attachments

• Manage Storage.jpg
    Manage Storage.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 137
  • debug_868.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
RANDOM DAILY KP and Manage storage in 'About this Mac' problems

I installed Mojave following your instruction, so all seems work fine except one daily unknown KP.
I updated from a stable High Sierra installation.
After update to Mojave every morning I found a screen saver running, that means that the compute has rebooted.
After login I see that there are a KP log, but there are particular information that can help.

In adding to a daily KP, today discovered another little problem and I would like to ask if is a common problem, or I have only.

Due I need to free up some storage space, I followed this Apple guide:
https://support.apple.com/en-vn/HT206996

But when I go in In About this Mac, in the storage section, and press Manage button, it close abruptly the window.
Also if I retry to do it, pressing the Manage button, do nothing.
Definitively I can't Manage storage.
Can someone try to check if it storage management anther About this Mac is working in Mojave ?

Also can someone check my configuration to see what is the cause of the daily (night) KP (attached you will find a debug files) ?

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 rev. 1.0 latest bios
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
AMD Radeon RX 580 nitro+ 8Gb DDR5
Corsair vengeance 16G DDR4 3000mhz
Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Thanks

Remove third-party system software:
com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.snowleopard
com.paragon-software.filesystems.ntfs
tc.tctechnologies.driver.Saffire
at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch
com.github.osxfuse.filesystems.osxfuse

Then see if problem stops occurring.

Note also:
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also: WhateverGreen replaces Shiki.kext (remove Shiki.kext)

You should NOT be dropping the CPU related SSDTs.

Also, the specs you mention don't seem like a laptop. Please realize you're posting in the laptop forum (advice here still applies).

Remove third-party system software:
com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.snowleopard
com.paragon-software.filesystems.ntfs
tc.tctechnologies.driver.Saffire
at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch
com.github.osxfuse.filesystems.osxfuse

Then see if problem stops occurring.

Note also:
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also: WhateverGreen replaces Shiki.kext (remove Shiki.kext)

You should NOT be dropping the CPU related SSDTs.

Also, the specs you mention don't seem like a laptop. Please realize you're posting in the laptop forum (advice here still applies).
Thank you for information :) also I'm really sorry for wrong section of post. I move it to proper section. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm trying to install Mojave from 10.13.4 version. When it reboots for install the update it shows to me the "error symbol" so I can't install the update, why?

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 90
Back