Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems and Workarounds on 10.14 Mojave

I've 2 problems, the first one, the default boot partition is not working, even after I corrected it in config.plist and I tried to delete the dot files but still not working ..

second problem is that I got the same issue on Sierra again with Mojave after upgrading which is system crash or freeze when I use imdb.com with safari or opening videos on Apple store app, I tried to remove graphic fix.kexst and updating LiLu but still no luck, this is screenshot of my kext

very thanks for the audio kexst, works fine after upgrading ....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 1.24.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 1.24.07 AM.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 1.29.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 1.29.07 AM.png
    145 KB · Views: 160
I updated last night. I have gtx 1070 and got the web driver message. The display is fine on the laptop; but it will not display to my connected 27 inch cinema display. Can i just use kext instead of the web drivers? The display uses mini display port. I am using smbios imac late 2013. thanks

There are no Nvidia web drivers for Mojave yet.

Hey guys, I have everything working on my system which has a Core i7-6500u, HD520 GPU, Elan 1000 trackpad, etc. However, I am having issues with the GPU driver hanging from wakeup on sleep. Sleep works in safeboot mode, with minimal graphics acceleration. Attached are the logs with my issue, any help would be great. Cheers.

Attachments

• Kernel_2018-09-27-191505_-MacBook-Pro.txt
    58.1 KB · Views: 116
Hi, trying to fix graphics on my HD 4400 but I must be missing something, only shows 4 mb on ''About this Mac'' and screen is full of tearing.

Attachments

• Troubleshoot.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
Hey guys, I have everything working on my system which has a Core i7-6500u, HD520 GPU, Elan 1000 trackpad, etc. However, I am having issues with the GPU driver hanging from wakeup on sleep. Sleep works in safeboot mode, with minimal graphics acceleration. Attached are the logs with my issue, any help would be great. Cheers.

Please open a separate thread with full problem reporting files as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry RehabMan but I must be missing something, followed that guide. And the thing that I didn't quite understand was the WhateverGreen setup. Is that what's missing?

Use the config.plist from the guide, unmodified.

Use the config.plist from the guide, unmodified.
It's working now and saying Iris Pro. What should be the next steps to clean the installation and boot faster; maybe also removing the initial apple logo tearing?

It's working now and saying Iris Pro.

You can make it say whatever you want by injecting "model".
For example, "model" = "Intel HD Graphics 4400"
That would, of course, be added to the property dictionary for the IGPU at config.plist/Devices/Properties/"PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)"

What should be the next steps to clean the installation and boot faster; maybe also removing the initial apple logo tearing?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: You should really open a separate thread for your queries as this thread is not really a troubleshooting thread specific to your laptop (hint, hint).

Back