Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

I think that FakeID is not necessary, is it? But I tried putting igplatform and fakeID 0x0 and from bootlog it discovered igplatform:0x01620005 and fakeID:0x01628086. But still glitchy UI.
I forgot to mention that my discrete GPU is still atached but HD4000 is primary.

You may as well pull the card out or use a kext patch to disable it, easier to just remove.

Thank you so much everyone! I do want to use the graphics card. Do you mean remove it temporarily?

Yes, until the web drivers come out.
There is a chance it’s a fermi model but if it’s Maxwell it won’t work without web drivers.
You could test by using inject Nvidia in clover boot menu.

I am trying my best to understand the guide to use WhateverGreen and and AirportBRM plugin. I just can’t understand what settings I should put in clover configurator. Can anyone advise me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
People are using whatevergreen and lilu Kexts to add support for intel graphics and framebuffers. Check for those fixes on this site for the guides. For WiFi you need to find which module you have. DCPIManager is a good tool to use to find the device ID and brand of hardware.

How do I find out which module I have?
- sorry, I see DCPI manager should help with this!

Last edited:
How do I find out which module I have?
- sorry, I see DCPI manager should help with this!

Open DCPIManager and select the PCI tab. It should be towards the bottom. BCM or Arheros will usually work. If it’s intel WiFi no go.

Thank you! I see it's Broadcom - I have the AirportBrcmFixup.kext in Library/Extensions. Is there any configuration I need to do to make it work? It is not appearing as an option in Sys Prefs>Network

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-24 11.04.08.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-24 11.04.08.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 127
Thank you! I see it's Broadcom - I have the AirportBrcmFixup.kext in Library/Extensions. Is there any configuration I need to do to make it work? It is not appearing as an option in Sys Prefs>Network

Google fakepciidkext, you may need those as well. Rehabman has created those for stubborn WiFi injection.

guys I'm at my wits end! please help
finally after weeks of tinkering I have my mackintosh working mostly the way I want. iCloud, iMessage, App Store works great.
Now Ive been reading all these different threads about my issue I'm beyond confused not sure where to start. I'm currently using onboard graphics uhd630 and I have a dual boot system (macOS/Win10) each on separate physical SSDs.

obviously on windows everything is great dual monitor setup works right out the gate. I have HDMI as main and DVI as secondary no issues at all.

on Mac when I boot from Clover I get both screens working and showing Clover. Once I boot... apple logo progress bar shows on both to a point, then the DVI monitor drops out. I've tried booting from with just HDMI and then once booted and on desktop plug in DVI still nothing. Funny thing is that if I shut down and boot with just DVI and no HDMI it shows just fine. Ill try and plug HDMI monitor after booted with DVI only and nothing shows on the HDMI. seems both ports are recognized I just can't get them to work together.

ASUS Z370-E
i7 8700K
16GB DDR4
INTEL UHD630

ill attach some useful info like my IOregdump
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.36.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.36.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.37.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.37.37 PM.png

Back