Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

OK I did read
But I must of missed it but I got it to boot. However, I get to the clover menu with mouse but once it gets to the Mac install menu I have no mouse or keyboard. The verbose screen goes so fast I can't read it. I'm still searching the forums for an answer but if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to it.

Try different USB ports or maybe you need to add a USB kext.

GenericUSBkext in clover/Kexts/Other folder.

Hi everyone. I'm running into a weird problem when trying to get my GTX 1060 6GB working. This is a new installation, not a update. It's High Sierra 10.13.6

The Problem and how it happens:
I'm trying to install the NVIDIA Graphic Drivers. When I do so, and click on "Restart" at the NVIDIA Installer, the System restarts and I get to the login screen, but it appears slightly faded (like with a black overlay). I can't interact with it with the keyboard or the mouse and it seems stuck. After ca. 5 seconds it turns to a black screen just to turn back to the previously described state ca. 10-30 seconds later.

This sounds a lot like my problem -- on 10.13.6, and 10.13.5 too, with a GTX 1060. I don't have a solution yet, sadly, but curious to hear any bright ideas.

The difference is that I can (sometimes) click my name on the login screen before it goes black. And that it comes back in more like 5-10 sec. (And that I'm on a DVI cable -- I tried with DisplayPort but can't get any output there, not even the bios, I don't know why.)

More details: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-drivers-freeze-at-login-screen.256988/

Also I noticed that the Card is getting quite hot (too hot to touch) as the fans do not spin (they spin when I turn on the System for a few seconds).

This I will check tomorrow, I did not think to poke inside.

This sounds a lot like my problem -- on 10.13.6, and 10.13.5 too, with a GTX 1060. I don't have a solution yet, sadly, but curious to hear any bright ideas.
This I will check tomorrow, I did not think to poke inside.

I just pulled the side off, and the graphics card is indeed pretty hot, I can't keep my finger on the heat pipe. The fans do not move at all. This is after using the computer a few hours, booted without nvidia drivers.

You haven't had any ideas for what else to check, @JosuaSievers ?

Hello, I have a problem with my Intel HD4000 iGPU and its like this:
I have discrete Nvidia GTX750 and also Intel HD4000.
Till now In BIOS I had only GTX750 enabled. But with mojave webdrivers unsupport I tried HD4000.
I enabled it in BIOS and made it primary.
In clover I injected Intel Graphics with IG platform 0x166000a and with HDMI Mac recognise my iGPU (pic)
But I have no full acceleration. When I use Launchpad the animation is not smooth

Can you advise me what I am missing?
Thank you
Edit: also I used various IG platforms but none helped

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-23 at 19.32.22.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-23 at 19.32.22.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 99
In clover devices section you need to add an ID. What ID shows in clover boot menu graphics section? Look at it and add it at clover menu screen before boot. The menu will have the options for both ID and ig platform.

Using clover configurator app you can add it permanently when you find the proper ID that works.

UPDATE:

I put the APFS.EFI file in the EFI folder and now the HS system drive is booting!

There is still no WiFi hardware visible and the graphics are still flickering blue/orange.

What should I do?

UPDATE:

I put the APFS.EFI file in the EFI folder and now the HS system drive is booting!

There is still no WiFi hardware visible and the graphics are still flickering blue/orange.

What should I do?

People are using whatevergreen and lilu Kexts to add support for intel graphics and framebuffers. Check for those fixes on this site for the guides. For WiFi you need to find which module you have. DCPIManager is a good tool to use to find the device ID and brand of hardware.

In clover devices section you need to add an ID. What ID shows in clover boot menu graphics section? Look at it and add it at clover menu screen before boot. The menu will have the options for both ID and ig platform.

Using clover configurator app you can add it permanently when you find the proper ID that works.

I think that FakeID is not necessary, is it? But I tried putting igplatform and fakeID 0x0 and from bootlog it discovered igplatform:0x01620005 and fakeID:0x01628086. But still glitchy UI.
I forgot to mention that my discrete GPU is still atached but HD4000 is primary.

Back