Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

Since High Sierra install, my MSI GTX660 has graphic "tetris glitches" everywhere using native macOS drivers, mainly on transparent areas and video/web browsing. Same for you guys ?

Help! I'm stumped. NVIDIA web diver won't load. Ive followed directions on each thread pertaining to NVIDIA web driver for 10.12.6. When I inject nvidiaweb then I can't get past the apple logo.

Update: Working!

Last edited:
black screen on hs the new nvidia web drivers any ideas?

Thank you for this~~!!!

black screen on hs the new nvidia web drivers any ideas?
It's a problem common in most users with Pascal card, like me. I've a GTX 1060 6GB, and, after HS update, I've have a black screen with signal. I solved with NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext_1.2.1 in Clover/EFI/kext/other folder.
But, if I try to work with a custom SSDT for graphic card (made with shilooh's guide), I've always a black screen.

tips:
Thanks to my friend fabiosun from another forum, I solved black screen problem with signal in this way:
if you have a real 10 bit display's and you have tried all the method to have a working rig, but you have always a black screen with signal after NvidiaWeb driver installation, you can try to force resolution to 8 bit with ResXtreme app or similar.
With a 4K HDTV, I solved in this way (login with another PC with Teamviewer).
I hope this can help someone.

Last edited:
20171023_101226_097.jpg 20171023_101226_005.jpg 20171023_101226_099.jpg20171023_101305.jpg 20171024_145748.jpg

On brand-new systems (e.g. Skylake, as of today) this automatism might fail, so you'll have to supply a correct value manually.
HD 3000 systems need a special configuration, which is available in Multibeast.

I've got Skylake (i7 7700) and dual monitor doesn't work (or work only sometimes). But I don't understand how to set correct values manually. If I start up with 2 monitors connected HDMI, they both work with BIOS and as OS starts up, but the second screen does black just before the point where OS is loaded. If I start up with one monitor, sometimes it works to connect, disconnect and connect the second monitor again. Sometimes both monitors go black. Sometimes the computer reboots by itself

Last edited:
Anyone have an issue with mouse cursor getting jumpy after installing their video card?
Ive got ASRock z170m, intel i5-6500, and nvidia 1050 ti, didnt have this issue while on Intel Graphics. Everything works fine except for the annoying mouse jumping.

I'm using Asus GTX 950. After upgrading from Sierra to High Sierra, I'm no longer able to boot with "nv_disable=1" as this article describes. In fact, now I'm completely unable to boot up my system (see attached pic). I've followed various different articles, but still unable to succeed. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm getting desperate to get my hackintosh back up and running.

Attachments

• 2018-01-10 08.26.23.jpg
    2018-01-10 08.26.23.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 156
Back