Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

Hi Community!

I a newbie to this hackintosh venture and I am novice / intermediate with some technical terminology and I'm seeking some assistance on a the final hiccup in my El Capitan hackintosh install. I used UniBeast (Legacy) to create my bootable OS X along with MultiBeast. My first roadblock came when the initializing Apple logo would load halfway then cut off. I then tried inputting nv_disable=1 in the boot agru in clover options. The system would final load to complete install and run MultiBeast.
Once I got my network drivers installed I went to the Nvidia website to install the Nvidia Web Driver and installed to the OS. Once the install was complete my system rebooted and it would not boot properly, with out me putting in the nv-disable=1 bootagru. Can someone walk me to how to configure my Nvidia Quadro 600 to properly boot without me putting in the bootagru every time I attempt to boot my new system. The nvidia driver is installed on the system, but after every restart it reset itself.

I can't find any drivers for the NVIDIA EVGA 750 Ti FTW (For The Win) Edition. I've tried drivers for the base 750 version and I just get a black screen and sometimes it just reboots to the Clover menu.

The drivers are not specific to any Nvidia GPU, they are universal.

Your graphics work is great, and you helped me before with Yosemite but I have a new issue now with El Capitan that I cant overcome.

Here's my setup
i5-2400k
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 960 2GB
8 GB RAM

I have 2 SSD; one with Mac OS X (experimental, trying to get El Cap) and the other is Win 10. I also have an mSATA drive with El Cap on there. I get full graphics without the Mac SSD hooked up, but if it detects the Mac SSD I have to use the nv_disable=1 flag to get stretched graphics to show.

I've installed El Cap to the SSD again but can only get to the desktop with the use of nv_disable=1. If I try any combination such as the InjectNvidia=false, nvda_drv=1, and graphicsenable=no, the status bar will load then go to a black screen eventually or just freeze when the status bar gets to the end. If I use nv_disable=1 I can get to the desktop and thats the only way I know how. I've already downloaded the WEb drivers for 10.11, but still cant get full acceleration (I have to disable them to get to the desktop, I select the nvidia menulet and see Nvidia drivers are selected instead of OS X drivers, but its an oxymoron).

I've noticed before that when going from Mountain Lion to Maverics I had to change the SMBIOS from MacPro3,1 to iMac13,1/ By default with clover it seems to put the SMBIOS as 12,1. I know that I have to change both the main SMBIOS field in the Clover options to 13,1 as well as the board version to 13,1. Without the SMBIOS change the status bar will fly across to the middle, then slow down a little, then stagger or stop before it gets to the end. With the SMBIOS changed to 13,1 I now see the status bar goes steady across the screen but still doesnt get to the desktop. The screen will go black, then I will lose video and have to do a hard shutdown.'

Why can't the GTX 970 work so well if it's recommended as one of the graphics cards in the buyer's guide? What am I missing or what am I doing wrong? It worked so well for Yosemite, so I dont know why it's not working with El Cap.

Hello, first I want to say that maybe I can't explain very well because not much English, and I'm using google translator. ;)

My problem: when I use very demanding processes after effects, my computer suddenly shuts off. This occurs particularly when using tracker camera. I don't know which may be the problem. In other processes and programs my computer works perfectly without any fault.:(

I installed "iStat Menu" to see the operation of the CPU while doing this process aftereffects, it comes to be 50% before shutting down
It may be the temperature of the CPU as I have been reading.

My hackintosh:
OSX El Capitan 10.11
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU: IntelCore i7-4790K
Cooler: Enermax Liqmax II 240 - Liquid Cooling
GPU: NVDIA Asus GeForce 650Ti 1GB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16gb)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (System)
HDD: WD Black 2TB (Data)
Power supply: Corsair RM 750W
Case: NZXT H440
Y have two Monitors connected to the GPU

Thanks in advance and I hope you can help me with my problem!

I installed "iStat Menu" to see the operation of the CPU while doing this process aftereffects, it comes to be 50% before shutting down
It may be the temperature of the CPU as I have been reading.

You can check the temperatures. And yeah, it sounds like overheating.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/11/display-cpu-temperature-in-the-mac-os-x-menu-bar/

Do you have licence for windows? There are a lot of programs (eg. OCCT) which can stress CPU/RAM and show you temps. I believe there are other alternatives for mac too.

Finally I figured out how to solve the problem, when I tried to installl Nvidia drivers I reinstalled Clover and that work it out, now I have a Hackint0sh (a very old one) with a Pentium D dual core 3 ghz, 8 gb of RAM also updated to 10.11.3 :D

Hello! I will be honest and say this is my first venture into the work of Hackintosh. So far I'm obsessed, but I cannot figure out this one. From everything I've tried, I cannot get all three display ports (X2 Dvi, 1 HDMI) to work correctly. My card is listed as a AMD R9 290 with 7mb of VRAM. I cannot figure this out. I have tried a bunch with clover configs and have installed new AMD 8000 controllers. I've recently reinstalled everything and it still won't pick up my card. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Here are my specs...

[email protected]
ASUS Sabertooth z87
16GB DDR3 RAM
AMD ASUS R9 290X 4GB
OSX 10.11.3

Thanks a bunch!:D

test set inject nvidia to false maybe and see if it helps. it worked for me

Back