Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

I installed a new graphics card a couple of days ago. It‘s a GT 610, and everything seems to be working great, except CHIMERA BOOTLOADER is not showing up at all, and it just boots directly into OS X‘s desktop, even though I have a second SSD with Windows, and before the installation, that one was working just fine.

Any idea what could be failing? Maybe chimera is not detecting the GPU for some reason? But... why is it working perfectly on OSX, then?

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 02.00.50.png

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I installed a new graphics card a couple of days ago. It‘s a GT 610, and everything seems to be working great, except CHIMERA BOOTLOADER is not showing up at all, and it just boots directly into OS X‘s desktop, even though I have a second SSD with Windows, and before the installation, that one was working just fine.

Any idea what could be failing? Maybe chimera is not detecting the GPU for some reason? But... why is it working perfectly on OSX, then?

View attachment 336740

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Are your bios settings set to IGPU/IGFX as primary display output? Your Boot plist has integrated graphics settings enabled as well. Graphics enabler=yes, IGPEnabler = NO?

Are your bios settings set to IGPU/IGFX as primary display output? Your Boot plist has integrated graphics settings enabled as well. Graphics enabler=yes, IGPEnabler = NO?

Okay! You were absolutely right about the BIOS setup, I had completely ignored that.
I plugged in my monitor to the Integrated Graphics and set that up to the PCI Card. Bootloader is working great now!

You pointed out about the configuration on my boot.plist. I tried setting it up like you adviced me to, but it created a different problem. After the apple boot logo, it just went to a black screen and did nothing else. I went back, restarted and booted in safe mode, and changed back the Graphics Enabler and the IGP to how it was before.

I'm not sure if that's a problem, or if I'm not taking advantage of the graphics card. Not sure what it means, but for now, with the settings as is, it seems to be working correctly.

Any advice?

Okay! You were absolutely right about the BIOS setup, I had completely ignored that.
I plugged in my monitor to the Integrated Graphics and set that up to the PCI Card. Bootloader is working great now!

You pointed out about the configuration on my boot.plist. I tried setting it up like you adviced me to, but it created a different problem. After the apple boot logo, it just went to a black screen and did nothing else. I went back, restarted and booted in safe mode, and changed back the Graphics Enabler and the IGP to how it was before.

I'm not sure if that's a problem, or if I'm not taking advantage of the graphics card. Not sure what it means, but for now, with the settings as is, it seems to be working correctly.

Any advice?

Sounds like you got it working well enough. I’m not very familiar with Chimera as a bootloader. Have you considered updating to clover?

Sounds like you got it working well enough. I’m not very familiar with Chimera as a bootloader. Have you considered updating to clover?

I have considered Clover, but I'm not sure if the benefits are enough to risk the fairly stable system I've got set up.

Is it really worth it for a Mavericks-based hackintosh?

I get the IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error on intel graphics (HD 630 i3-7100, gigabyte b250m)
I've been looking around but everyone else with this problem seems to be using a graphics card.
Anyone got any solutions?

Hi everyone. I'm running into a weird problem when trying to get my GTX 1060 6GB working.

I have already tried most of the solutions described in forums to solve the issue, while no one seems to be getting the exact same problem as I am.
The GTX is connected to the monitor with DisplayPort, but HDMI produces the same state.

This is a new installation, not a update. It's High Sierra 10.13.6

The Problem and how it happens:
I'm trying to install the NVIDIA Graphic Drivers. When I do so, and click on "Restart" at the NVIDIA Installer, the System restarts and I get to the login screen, but it appears slightly faded (like with a black overlay). I can't interact with it with the keyboard or the mouse and it seems stuck. After ca. 5 seconds it turns to a black screen just to turn back to the previously described state ca. 10-30 seconds later.

When I restart the system afterwards and enable nv_disable=1 I get back to the desktop. But the NVIDIA Web Driver is not enabled in the NVIDIA Driver Manager Settings. When I try to enable it, I run into the same problem after clicking restart.

Also I noticed that the Card is getting quite hot (too hot to touch) as the fans do not spin (they spin when I turn on the System for a few seconds). Is this common when the NVIDIA Driver is not yet working correctly?

Thank you! I really appreciate this community.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 226

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 219
See if this makes any difference :
Hi P1LGRIM, Thank you for your fast reply.

I replaced my config.plist with the one you posted, but unfortunately it still produces the same problem. The thing about it, that I don't really get is why it would glitch in such a way, especially because I did not find anyone else who had that problem. Maybe something related to 13.6 and the specific NVIDIA Driver for it?

Also, after restarting the system via the button on NVIDIA Installer, the Graphics of the login screen are good (as long as they are there). When I start with nv_disable=1 it's really low resulution. I guess this could be as expected, just wanted to mention it if it's of any worth.

I could upload a video of the issue and embed it here.

Thanks a lot!

Back