Contribute
Register

[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting

Sorry. You're right.
I am a bit lost in the thousands threads and not sure which one to follow in order to make the other monitor work.
My question is.

Is there anyone that can provide help on setting up a second monitor ? Or How do I make work a second mionitor on this build ?
Thank you for answering and correcting me

My build
GA- H270N Wi-Fi

Intel i7 7700k

Graphic Card Nvidia Ge Force 1060 tx 6gb

550 Corsair PSU

Ballistix Tactical 2 x 8gb

850 evo M2 Sata

Super Thank you I hope someone will have an answer

HD 3000 systems need a special configuration, which is available in Multibeast.

Whats is this i found and how to get the configuration

how can I have a fully functional NVRAM? setup in sig. thanks! :)

There is any way to change boot monitor priorirty?
I have two monitor:
1 HP 2K connected trought DP-port
1 HDTV connected trought HDMI cable

With CSM disabled I have only one monitor that works, and if I have both display connected at boot, the result is a black screen after nvidia driver are loaded.
With CSM enabled the bios screen and clover are displayed on HDTV until the nvidia web driver are loaded, after, the primary display becomes the HP monitor.

The problem is that I usually works with one display (HP monitor) and only sometimes the HDTV are turned on.

Is possible to change the boot screen priority for have the boot screen on DP port?

SMBIOS iMac18,3 with native nvram
GTX 970
GB Z370 Ultra Gaming

Hi! Having trouble installing a firepro v5800 on a clean install high Sierra.. i've also tried to install it on Sierra but had the same problem. if I use inject ati in clover it recognizes the device with 7mb and no graphics acceleration.. if I don't use inject it doesn't recognize it at all.
I've also tried adding my device Id in the amd5000 amd300x kexts but that doesn't change anything.
if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Specs:
p8b75-m
Intel i5-2400
Fireprov5800

Edit: I was changing the plist directly in the installed kexts.. guess that's a nono.. so after I copied them to the desktop and edited them, installed them with kextbeast now it recognizes my device as an ATI Radeon HD 5000.. but am guessing that's normal since it's working now :)

Last edited:
I'm going on 24 hours straight of trying to get my GPU recognized in a new High Sierra build (10.13.4). My system does boot and one screen shows (plugged into the GPU), but I have 3 screens, two of which are just not being recognized. My GPU is recognized in Bios, but not recognized at all in the Nvidia Driver section. I do have the latest drivers running. I have tried everything in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6. Now, I'm sure that my config file has too many things going on and I just need an expert to help.

Here are the pertinent details:
MB: Asus Maximus Hero X (All Bios settings are correct)
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
HD: 970 Evo NVMe M.2 (+ multiple large format 7,200 drives)
System Definition: 14.2

I've attached my plist and MultiBeast setup. I have tried moving the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts to the efi > Clover > kexts > Other folder and that didn't help.

Please let me know if I need to provide any more information.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 208
  • multibeast-original.mb
    5.1 KB · Views: 135
I'm going on 24 hours straight of trying to get my GPU recognized in a new High Sierra build (10.13.4). My system does boot and one screen shows (plugged into the GPU), but I have 3 screens, two of which are just not being recognized. My GPU is recognized in Bios, but not recognized at all in the Nvidia Driver section. I do have the latest drivers running. I have tried everything in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6. Now, I'm sure that my config file has too many things going on and I just need an expert to help.

Here are the pertinent details:
MB: Asus Maximus Hero X (All Bios settings are correct)
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
HD: 970 Evo NVMe M.2 (+ multiple large format 7,200 drives)
System Definition: 14.2

I've attached my plist and MultiBeast setup. I have tried moving the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts to the efi > Clover > kexts > Other folder and that didn't help.

Please let me know if I need to provide any more information.

To set up Nvidia web drivers you need to boot the system with nv_disable=1 then load the drivers and reboot using Nvidia web =yes.
Don’t use inject Nvidia or any other settings.

To set up Nvidia web drivers you need to boot the system with nv_disable=1 then load the drivers and reboot using Nvidia web =yes.
Don’t use inject Nvidia or any other settings.
I uninstalled the Nvidia driver. Restarted. Loaded the latest driver again. Still no luck. Its recognizing that I have a graphics card now, which is a positive step, but it is grayed out.

In clover configurator Nvidiaweb is checked.

Thanks for your help. Any other troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.43.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.43.21 AM.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 133
I uninstalled the Nvidia driver. Restarted. Loaded the latest driver again. Still no luck. Its recognizing that I have a graphics card now, which is a positive step, but it is grayed out.

In clover configurator Nvidiaweb is checked.

Thanks for your help. Any other troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Try removing "nv_disable=1" from arguments.
can also check my thread since I also had some problems getting a gtx 970 to work.

try using textedit and not clover configurator for this part..
hope it helps..

Back