GTX780
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
introduction why to re-install windows ?
well windows is awfull started being slow and cant install updates correctly so i decided to mess with it and remove the updates wich made it crash directly after boot logo i can see a BSD but it restarts directly

The Main topic :
well what i really need to know is :
is it okay to re-install windows using usb (DVD) with already having boot loader for osx 10.10? that is fully working and gorgeous <3
wont the re-installation affect the boot loder?
i know that the windows partition will be active but i will go to disk managment on windows and make the osx partion active again
Will it boot fine ? with the chimera boot loader ? wont i have any errors/problems ?

Best Regards, Redha

Pretty sure you'll need to reinstall chimera, Windows will want to mess with the EFI partition unfortunately. Pretty easy thing to do though.

so do u think that i should create osx bootable usb too? to boot to osx after instalation of windows then re-install chimera?
okay i was going to do that but if its not needed then why create one? osx bootable usb
i need more answers plz... just to make my self sure and do this prossess safetly

so do u think that i should create osx bootable usb too? to boot to osx after instalation of windows then re-install chimera?
okay i was going to do that but if its not needed then why create one? osx bootable usb
i need more answers plz... just to make my self sure and do this prossess safetly

Yes, you will need to make a bootable OS X USB or a bootable backup of your OS X drive so that you can either reinstall the bootloader (if its Chimera or Chameleon) or rename the /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and copy the /EFI/Clover/CloverX64.efi file to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi (if you are using Clover).

-bth

Well i did re-install windows so if anyone inetrested about the procedure here it isNote : make sure you backup your data on old win partition

1- Create bootable OSx USB (8GB + ) ==> using "unibeast" MBR Drive? ==> patched My OSx installation with MBR patch cuz My Drive is MBR formated and not GUID cuz i installed windows first time anyway it's easy just copy the 2 files that comes with the patch and remplace the with original ones .

2- Create bootable Windows 8.1 USB (8GB + ) ==> you can use "unetbootin" But : i had a running windows on virtual machine (parallels) so i used "rufus"

3- re-install (install) windows :Boot to windows installation using Windows 8.1 Bootable USB .... install normally untill all process is done just make sure that u don't Erase OSx partition and erase old windows partition anyway this is not a guide on installing windows :3 next...

4- Set OSx partition active as it was :re-boot to and boot from OSx USB now just this time to be safe boot into OSX installer you will just use terminal in terminal use FDisk to set your OSx partition as active that's all .. Exit (i know you could use terminal if you boot to your Yosemite partition but just to be safe) Next ....

5- Re-install the Bootloader (chimera) :Boot again with your Yosemite USB just to load the bootloader from USB cuz yosemite partition bootloader wont work it's fine*(this is last step and last time u use your USB stick) .*.. By using The USB bootloader choose this time your OSx Partition Now on your yosemite OS just run MultiBeast and choose chimera bootloader click install and .... When you see sucess you'r all done! Congra .. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back