Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel Core i5-9600K
Graphics
XFX RX480 8GB
Hey guys, long time Mac user, pretty new to Hackintosh. I started with Chimera and I had everything working perfectly, except Bluetooth and HDMI audio (ATI). I switched to Clover because I heard that it handles kexts a lot better, hoping that it would take care of these last two issues. As soon as the installation was complete, HDMI audio was working and bluetooth was as well! Since then, however, the bluetooth stopped working...but that's a little less important at the moment.

I'm now having crashing issues where all of the OS X tools in the toolbar, including Spotlight, will disappear. All third party tools like dropbox, team view, etc. aren't having any problem; They stay. I'm confident the OS X tools aren't just hiding because when they're not showing up, Command, Space won't pull up Spotlight. They usually won't load when I boot up and then maybe 5 minutes later, they're there. And then randomly, while the computer is running, they just disappear again for another five minutes. Also, Finder has crashed out of nowhere maybe like three times within the last five days. I'm assuming these issues are related.

So here's my question: If this was an actual Mac, I would just do a reinstallation of the OS and chances are, it would fix it. But since this is a Hackintosh, what do I do? Will it work fine if I just run the stock Mavericks installer? Will it even run? Will it cause other things to stop working? If anyone has some guidance on directly fixing bluetooth or the toolbar, I'm open to suggestions on this too!

Thanks!

Build:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5-TH
CPU - Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz
GPU - 2 x MSI AMD 7970s
RAM - 16gb (2x8gb) Ballistix Sport Kit
Drives - Toshiba 512gb SSD, 128gb OCZ Vertex
Power Supply - EVGA Super Nova 750 B2
Keyboard - Apple aluminum keyboard
Mouse - Apple Magic Mouse
Display - Seiki 39" 4k TV

Just checked and I do. Any other ideas?