Contribute
Register

Razer Stealth 12.5" i7-7500U KabyLake 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the kextcache output, your mistake is obvious:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa6bf80df00 [0x7fff86386af0]> { URL = "CoreDisplayFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.vanilla.driver.CoreDisplayFixup" }
CoreDisplayFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Read FAQ for proper kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I was now be able to get all the kexts working (there is no "omitting" part any more in kextcache), but now there is no sound even though it recognize internal speaker and microphone, it just no sound.
And also the hang at boot is still happening and I have to run kextcache in recovery to make it boot. Updated files are attached. Please help.

Attachments

• Razer-Files-June-24-2.zip
    10 MB · Views: 85
I was now be able to get all the kexts working (there is no "omitting" part any more in kextcache), but now there is no sound even though it recognize internal speaker and microphone, it just no sound.
And also the hang at boot is still happening and I have to run kextcache in recovery to make it boot. Updated files are attached. Please help.

Read FAQ regarding CodecCommander:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I was be able to fix the no sound by re-run kextcache. So definitely there is something wrong with my kextcache that cause the hang at boot. Can you check my files now to see if there is a fix? Thank you.

You should not be deleting any kexts...
Note proof that you removed kexts:
Code:
AppleHPM.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController' not found.
AppleHPM.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

See config_patches.plist (in laptop config.plist repo) for Lpss/I2C disable patches.

You should not be deleting any kexts...
Note proof that you removed kexts:
Code:
AppleHPM.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController' not found.
AppleHPM.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

See config_patches.plist (in laptop config.plist repo) for Lpss/I2C disable patches.
I have recovered the 2 kexts for I2C and applied the patch, now trackpad is working and I believe I have all the kexts installed correctly with a subset in Clover/kexts/Other.
However the hang at boot still happen and I have to re-run kextcache in recovery to get it to boot. Please check my updated files. Need your help.

Attachments

• debug_9436.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 65
I have recovered the 2 kexts for I2C and applied the patch, now trackpad is working and I believe I have all the kexts installed correctly with a subset in Clover/kexts/Other.
However the hang at boot still happen and I have to re-run kextcache in recovery to get it to boot. Please check my updated files. Need your help.

Your kextcache output proves FakeSMC.kext is not installed.

All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I don't know why you think FakeSMC.kext is not a "kext you need".

I have successfully installed all the kexts including FakeSMC.kext to /L/E. However I still have the same issue with kextcache, sometimes it hangs at boot, and no sound until I re-run kextcache. These are my updated file. I am pretty sure it is the issue with kextcache. Please help. Thanks

Attachments

• debug_16510.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 76
I have successfully installed all the kexts including FakeSMC.kext to /L/E. However I still have the same issue with kextcache, sometimes it hangs at boot, and no sound until I re-run kextcache. These are my updated file. I am pretty sure it is the issue with kextcache. Please help. Thanks

You should probably be using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Also, your SystemMemory addresses are mismatched, so strange problems are not at all surprising:
NUC6i7KYK:patched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/ | grep SystemMemory
< OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0x7A679F98, 0x10)
> OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0x7AA39F98, 0x10)

See ACPI patching guide and read it carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Hey, I am following this conversation very carefully, as I have the same hardware config as beckhamba07 and I want to make a dual-boot machine out of the Razer Blade Stealth 2017 Edition.

I am already running a Hackintosh Tower, so I am aware of a few things. I have also been reading a lot in the guides of Rehabman.

OSX 10.13.6 has been successfully installed on the Razer Blade Stealth.

I am now struggling with the implementation of kexts and SSDT.aml

Therefore I have a basic question: Can I make the system work without the implementations in DSDT.aml? I have dumped (F4) the .aml files and got the .dsl files. When I try to assemble the untouched .dsl file I get like 204 errors and it won't compile.

When I copy everything BUT the patched .aml files in CLOVER folder from this guy hackintosh razer blade stealth I get:
- working, booting machine
- no touchpad
- things like audio, wireless, BT etc. will be touched later, I first need to get touchpad, WIFI+BT and speedstep working.

QUESTION: Is there an "easy" way to keep all the files from the guide since they seem to be working and just adjust and recompile the DSDT.aml for my machine? config.plist and kext folders including implementation in L/E should be working also for my machine, right?

Same questions goes maybe for the kext and config.plist of beckhamba07. Can I copy + paste his EFI folder and implement his L/E kexts with reassembling a DSDT.aml for my machine?

Cheers!

Hey, I am following this conversation very carefully, as I have the same hardware config as beckhamba07 and I want to make a dual-boot machine out of the Razer Blade Stealth 2017 Edition.

I am already running a Hackintosh Tower, so I am aware of a few things. I have also been reading a lot in the guides of Rehabman.

OSX 10.13.6 has been successfully installed on the Razer Blade Stealth.

I am now struggling with the implementation of kexts and SSDT.aml

Therefore I have a basic question: Can I make the system work without the implementations in DSDT.aml? I have dumped (F4) the .aml files and got the .dsl files. When I try to assemble the untouched .dsl file I get like 204 errors and it won't compile.

When I copy everything BUT the patched .aml files in CLOVER folder from this guy hackintosh razer blade stealth I get:
- working, booting machine
- no touchpad
- things like audio, wireless, BT etc. will be touched later, I first need to get touchpad, WIFI+BT and speedstep working.

QUESTION: Is there an "easy" way to keep all the files from the guide since they seem to be working and just adjust and recompile the DSDT.aml for my machine? config.plist and kext folders including implementation in L/E should be working also for my machine, right?

Same questions goes maybe for the kext and config.plist of beckhamba07. Can I copy + paste his EFI folder and implement his L/E kexts with reassembling a DSDT.aml for my machine?

Cheers!

See ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back