Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Razer Blade 2018 4k | IGPU is driving me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be kidding me... Its accelereted!!! The boot-flag -cdfon did it for me, with the proper Framebuffer-patching and the right AAPL,ig-platform-id I now have 2560MB on my UHD 630, amazing!!!

A huge thank you to everybody who posted in here, you guys all collectively helped me to get my sh* fixed up.
I attached screenshots of my "About this Mac" and my Devices/Properties tab.

BTW: I now have permanently disabled my NVIDIA GPU with SSDT Patching due to heat and battery usage, I don't need it for programming or light designing, and that's all I'm going to do on my Hackintosh.
Hi @BlvckBytes, did you get thunderbolt egpu work on this laptop?

@shiecldk

I don't own any thunderbolt devices, so I can't test the tb3 capabilities of my machine :/. Just try booting with it connected, if that doesn't work, you'll have to read up on tb3 patching.

@BlvckBytes I have the same laptop with 4k screen but it cannot boot. Could you share your EFI file?

@shiecldk

Sure thing! It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it. Never fixed sleep tho. And something started to happen to my battery a few days ago, it doesn't get displayed anymore, I need to check why. Just really short on time rn.

I had to remove some values from the config.plist, personal values. See the image below to know what you have to add again, from genSMBIOS.

//Edit:
Post again if you have the battery issue too, by then I probably got more time on my hand to fix it and share the fix with you.

Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 23.59.22.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back