<< Solved >> Razer Blade 2018 4k | IGPU is driving me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically to sum up my current state of the machine:

Working:
  • Audio
  • WiFi (replacement card)
  • TrackPad (100% actually)
  • PowerManagement (Battery-Percent working)
  • All USB-Slots
  • TouchScreen
  • Shift-LED (with karabiner)
  • USB C Port

Not working:
  • UHD 630 (only 31MB)
  • BrightnessControl (sadly :/, going to look into that a bit deeper)
  • HDMI, Mini-DP & USB C Video (due to NVIDIA GPU, don't really care about that, might fix later)

So if only the UHD 630 worked, the system would be nearly perfect... :/
If anybody else has some experience with my CPU and could help me out, that would be amazing.

You have to be kidding me... Its accelereted!!! The boot-flag -cdfon did it for me, with the proper Framebuffer-patching and the right AAPL,ig-platform-id I now have 2560MB on my UHD 630, amazing!!!

A huge thank you to everybody who posted in here, you guys all collectively helped me to get my sh* fixed up.
I attached screenshots of my "About this Mac" and my Devices/Properties tab.

BTW: I now have permanently disabled my NVIDIA GPU with SSDT Patching due to heat and battery usage, I don't need it for programming or light designing, and that's all I'm going to do on my Hackintosh.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-09 at 16.07.25.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-09 at 16.07.25.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot 2019-02-09 at 16.11.42.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-09 at 16.11.42.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 120
Even brightness control works, I think I'm gonna cry omg :D

// Edit: Also Video over USB C with IGPU, exactly how I wanted it, nice!

Last edited:
Update: On every boot I get a 3 minute black screen, after that everything works 100% without any compromises, I guess that's the tradeoff to a real Mac machine xD.

Maybe I will try to fix that, but now I need a break after about three days of continuous work on this thing.

Update:

Been using the machine for a few days now and I am very happy with it! I managed to undervolt the CPU by -140mv and kept the Turbo for now since it's not getting too hot. I used "VoltageShift" for that.

The 3 minute blackscreen at boot (which really was p!ssing me of) is now fixed! :D I am not a 100% sure what fixed it because I've tried so much, but imo it have been some missing entries in Devices/Properties regarding the IGPU.

• framebuffer-portcount => 03000000
  • framebuffer-pipecount => 03000000

Also I had some older kexts which are now all fully updated (just searched for the name + "release" and downloaded latest from github).

So the last thing to do now would be the keyboard-effects but I have not found anything working out there, so if anybody here has experience with making that work it would be awesome.

What did you mean by saying "keyboard-effects "?

@JackLeeu

The Razer Blade has a illuminated and fully customizable rgb-keyboard, but without drivers it only cycles through with a static lighting. On windows you can, for example, have a wave or reactive lighting, because of synapse drivers.

Razer synapse is installable but I guess it would only work by spoofing the internal keyboard as an external Razer Chroma, because internal drivers are not available.

That's interesting, I'm not familiar with this kind of keyboard. Haha, congratulations to you and keep hacking, good luck.

@JackLeeu

Thank you! :)

Yeah I will keep on with this kind of stuff for ever. I had a MacBook Pro, way to expensive and you know, only 2k screen, mid tier keyboard and slow CPU and GPU. Apples OS is just amazing but it's hardware sucks. So the perfect way in the middle of that is to build a Hackintosh. Maybe one day I will start also writing kexts since I am a hobbyist programmer for more than 4 years, but I'm not familiar with the osx environment. We'll see...

Thanks, this thread also helped me solve to get my UHD630 working on an Asus H310T Prime after update to Mojave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back