Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 2016 OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give screenshot.

Don't have one available at the moment... But this is the OS X Installer point after all the GUI has loaded and you click to Install OS X, it does some scanning and then 'OS X is already installed on this computer' is displayed instead of choosing where to install to.

Partition issue maybe? I don't know. Disk utilities can see my drive, I formatted a HFS+ partition after the default Blade windows partition. I did have to play around with increasing the EFI partition to get it to 200MB for me to successfully format the new HFS+ partition.

Don't have one available at the moment... But this is the OS X Installer point after all the GUI has loaded and you click to Install OS X, it does some scanning and then 'OS X is already installed on this computer' is displayed instead of choosing where to install to.

Partition issue maybe? I don't know. Disk utilities can see my drive, I formatted a HFS+ partition after the default Blade windows partition. I did have to play around with increasing the EFI partition to get it to 200MB for me to successfully format the new HFS+ partition.
When installing macOS, make sure it is GPT and not MBR. In worse case you may have to wipe out the entire disk. Install macOS and then Windows (Backup the Recovery partition then). When making the installer did you use createinstallmedia or Unibeast?

Last edited:
When installing macOS, make sure it is GPT and not MBR. In worse case you may have to wipe out the entire disk. Install macOS and then Windows (Backup the Recovery partition then). When making the installer did you use createinstallmedia or Unibeast?

Ah yeah I was hoping I do not need to trash the default partitioning of the hdd that came with the laptop... It is already GPT by default.

I tried both methods, first with createinstallmedia (I will try one last time). Are you currently running El Capitan, or Sierra?

Ah yeah I was hoping I do not need to trash the default partitioning of the hdd that came with the laptop... It is already GPT by default.

I tried both methods, first with createinstallmedia (I will try one last time). Are you currently running El Capitan, or Sierra?
I'm running Sierra. And yes, you'll most likely have to wipe out everything. Before you do, I suggest you make an image of the windows install if you still have it in case you need to restore to factory condition.

El Capitan. Create a empty partition in Windows. Do not format it to anything. Go to Disk Utility, find the partition and format it to HFS+ then try to install macOS.

El Capitan. Create a empty partition in Windows. Do not format it to anything. Go to Disk Utility, find the partition and format it to HFS+ then try to install macOS.

Tried that... it's weird cause the Disk Utility does not see the free space till I create a partition in Windows, then I can erase it to HFS+. But then the same error pops up with the installer, seems it does not like the weird default partition that came with the Blade.

Tried that... it's weird cause the Disk Utility does not see the free space till I create a partition in Windows, then I can erase it to HFS+. But then the same error pops up with the installer, seems it does not like the weird default partition that came with the Blade.
It seems you have to wipe out the entire disk in order to install macOS, but try this before doing so:

Open diskpart in Windows:
  • Type "select disk 0" and enter.
  • Type "list partition" find the empty one.
  • Type "select partition X" (Where X is the number) and enter
  • Type "create partition primary id=af" and enter
  • Type "active" and enter.
Restart, boot into the installer, Disk Utility, select partition, format to HFS+ and try now.

Last edited:
Did it back when there where Mountain Lion days...

Same procedures/requirements apply to current versions.

Reactions: uar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back