Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys, I wanted to get el capitan working on my Razer Blade 2015.

Ive done some research and what my finding are that mostly everything works expect for wifi and the trackpad.
Wifi can be fixed by replacing with a different wifi card and some Kext edits which is fine.

However the main problem is with the trackpad not working and to get the keyboard working on EL capitan it requires rehabmans fakepciid usb kexts.

The Source of the Problem is that OSX has removed support for multiple internal usb connections (the keyboard and presumably the trackpad are connected internally to the second or third internal usb header where capitan only supports the first one). Also Yosemite and older versions of OSX still do not work to get the trackpad working.

Others have tried using PS2 based solutions but they didnt work. Also the keyboard is listed as a child of a USB device called simply RazerBlade

Was wondering if anyone knew how bypass this issue and get the trackpad to work.

Hi Guys, I wanted to get el capitan working on my Razer Blade 2015.

Ive done some research and what my finding are that mostly everything works expect for wifi and the trackpad.
Wifi can be fixed by replacing with a different wifi card and some Kext edits which is fine.

However the main problem is with the trackpad not working and to get the keyboard working on EL capitan it requires rehabmans fakepciid usb kexts.

The Source of the Problem is that OSX has removed support for multiple internal usb connections (the keyboard and presumably the trackpad are connected internally to the second or third internal usb header where capitan only supports the first one). Also Yosemite and older versions of OSX still do not work to get the trackpad working.

Others have tried using PS2 based solutions but they didnt work. Also the keyboard is listed as a child of a USB device called simply RazerBlade

Was wondering if anyone knew how bypass this issue and get the trackpad to work.

If the device is USB, no PS2 solution should be expected to help.

See USB guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Hey @LiteGaming it sounds like you may have successfully used I2C one a Razer Blade. If so, how would you personally rate the usability (1-10, 10 being near perfect)? In your experience what worked well and what didn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back