i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all together

As I was reading a long long thread about configurating everything for the Razer Blade, the topic stops unfished. So I wanted to give it a new try with more attention. Additionally I read a lot threads about laptops with similar specs like the Dell XPS 15
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...raphics-qhd-built-display-need-some-help.html
and a few HP laptops.

Mac OS X El Capitan Vanilla should be installed on the Razer Blade 2014 14" and as I read very much posts, this should working except the GTX 870M: Here only the internal HD 4600 will work, because of the Optimus function.

The Razer Blade has following specs:

Motherboard: Intel HM87
CPU: i7, Haswell
GPU: GTX 870M (Optimus), HD4600
QHD+
Intel Wireless and Bluetooth card (here only Bluetooth will work)
Realtek audio on board

My only problem is booting the installer via USB and Clover Bootloader v2.3k_r3330.

Attached you'll find my config.plist

View attachment config.plist
This is the config_4600_4400_4200.plist from Rehabmans Guide with additional infos.

Kexts I use are these from Rehabman from the Clover Laptop Guide

152776d1443542434-guide-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-cloverkexts.png

Could s.b. please check this config.plist, if there is a mistake? It seems not complete to me.

Unfortunately I haven't given this config.plist a try .. Sorry for that, but maybe someone can still check the file before the first use? *twinkle*
OR sb. can tell me, if I can use the config.plist from the guide link I posted on top? Would this be possible and would this work?

Thanks a lot! A dream would come true, if this would work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Im curious how far you got with this installation. If you got it to install and boot from the hard drive, what percentage operational would you say it is and what were the biggest challenges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back