Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Success(-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress has been made. I'm still doing testing but so far so good for me with the latest round of updates. I'm 14/14 reboots with no black screen upon boot. Still have to keep testing to be sure.

If you or anyone else would like to jump ship and upgrade to Mojave or the 17G2208 build of High Sierra to test this, here is what you need to do the testing to make sure the issue is gone.

These are the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen builds from today. WhateverGreen now includes AppleBackLightFixUp, the AppleBackLightFixup.kext is no longer needed. Installing Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to Library-Extensions and placing the SSDT-PNLF in EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched is all that is needed to get backlight and sleep working with the latest builds of High Sierra and Mojave.

If you need more information on upgrading to the latest version High Sierra or Mojave, refer to my Detailed Install Guide for this laptop.

I'm on High Sierra 17G2208, going to test right now.

EDIT. 6-7 Restarts and no black screen yet.

Last edited:
Progress has been made. I'm still doing testing but so far so good for me with the latest round of updates. I'm 14/14 reboots with no black screen upon boot. Still have to keep testing to be sure.

If you or anyone else would like to jump ship and upgrade to Mojave or the 17G2208 build of High Sierra to test this, here is what you need to do the testing to make sure the issue is gone.

These are the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen builds from today. WhateverGreen now includes AppleBackLightFixUp, the AppleBackLightFixup.kext is no longer needed. Installing Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to Library-Extensions and placing the SSDT-PNLF in EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched is all that is needed to get backlight and sleep working with the latest builds of High Sierra and Mojave.

If you need more information on upgrading to the latest version High Sierra or Mojave, refer to my Detailed Install Guide for this laptop.

Hey @vettz500 could you let me know hows it going with the solution of the black screen? it is perfect working now?

Thanks ! ;)

Hey @vettz500 could you let me know hows it going with the solution of the black screen? it is perfect working now?

Thanks ! ;)
Not perfect. It works correctly about 90% of the time though. Probably the best we're going to get for the time being.

Not perfect. It works correctly about 90% of the time though. Probably the best we're going to get for the time being.

thats great, I will go for it this week! thanks.

@jenue @blodtanner and everyone else, I'm pretty sure we're at full functionality.
Black screen at boot is solved, random system crashes are solved, palm rejection is solved.

The only thing I can think of that doesn't work but only because I have not tested it in recent updates is audio over HDMI. But other than that, I can't find or think of anything else that doesn't work now.

I have everything outline in my detailed installed guide, all the fixes and files have been updated to get this laptop working pretty much 100%.

Not much else to really do at this point but just use it.

Here's the link to the guide, have a go and let me know how it all works for you.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-high-sierra-10-13-6-17g2208-17g3025.264017/

@vettz500 thanks so much! you are a hero, this save my life! its a pleasure to can work everyday in osx.

wow, new razer blade with new graphic cards 2060,2070,2080 rtx, I guess this laptop they should work as well in osx once Nvidia released the drivers right?

wow, new razer blade with new graphic cards 2060,2070,2080 rtx, I guess this laptop they should work as well in osx once Nvidia released the drivers right?
Won't know until someone gets one to confirm the rest of the laptop is the same/compatible. There is a person that has posted in the Detailed Guide thread who just returned his current Razer Blade and is getting the newer model with the newer cards. He is going to attempt install once he gets it

Won't know until someone gets one to confirm the rest of the laptop is the same/compatible. There is a person that has posted in the Detailed Guide thread who just returned his current Razer Blade and is getting the newer model with the newer cards. He is going to attempt install once he gets it

My power adaptor exploted few days ago and I am returning my laptop as well, so probably I will try to get the new one at this point, cost similar the new rtx 2070.

My power adaptor exploted few days ago and I am returning my laptop as well, so probably I will try to get the new one at this point, cost similar the new rtx 2070.
How did your power adapter explode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back