Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Success(-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine it is working like rock, the only thing is that ometimes when I restart the loading bar doesnt load, and I have to restart, but the third time I restart works well, appart from this all great. I am not in the version that has the brightness native yet, still waiting to see if someone fix the 3 minutes backlight.
same here

Has anyone here experienced random system freezes/crashes after a few hours of using the laptop?

Glad that I'm not the only one - yeah, UI freezes for a couple of seconds, springboard restarts (all windows closed, dock rebounces etc), and then it immediately gets stuck, need to restart the laptop...Was looking through the logs but found nothing indicative, tried to use Safari instead of Chrome (I thought for some reason it had to do with Chrome), tried to keep the USB devices unplugged, but it always happened again...

Maybe something with the framebuffer (since window manager crashes / restarts)? But I couldn't find any crash info in the logs...I'm using only the HD630, Nvidia is disabled...Mojave 14.1.

Glad that I'm not the only one - yeah, UI freezes for a couple of seconds, springboard restarts (all windows closed, dock rebounces etc), and then it immediately gets stuck, need to restart the laptop...Was looking through the logs but found nothing indicative, tried to use Safari instead of Chrome (I thought for some reason it had to do with Chrome), tried to keep the USB devices unplugged, but it always happened again...

Maybe something with the framebuffer (since window manager crashes / restarts)? But I couldn't find any crash info in the logs...I'm using only the HD630, Nvidia is disabled...Mojave 14.1.
Issue is there in High Sierra and Mojave, did the same trouble shooting as you, even went as far as doing a clean install and installed no extra apps to see if it was app specific and still had the issue.
Very much possibly because of the Framebuffer issue. I've actually noticed once where the screen went black randomly, then turned back on to a blank desktop screen and froze.

Seems that others that have not implemented native brightness don't have this issue.

@RehabMan thoughts?

Issue is there in High Sierra and Mojave, did the same trouble shooting as you, even went as far as doing a clean install and installed no extra apps to see if it was app specific and still had the issue.
Very much possibly because of the Framebuffer issue. I've actually noticed once where the screen went black randomly, then turned back on to a blank desktop screen and froze.

Seems that others that have not implemented native brightness don't have this issue.

@RehabMan thoughts?

I don't have this issue, it's been rock solid. But I do not have native brightness.

I don't have this issue, it's been rock solid. But I do not have native brightness.
Pretty sure the issue is narrowed down to Whatevergreen and Native Brightness. This damn UHD630 bug is bit bigger than we thought.

Yeah I get this too
It seems we might finally have a fix for the 3 minute black screen issue as well as the random system freeze that went along with it.
Check out this post here and follow the instructions. If anyone wants to test out the fix and see what happens, feel free. I'm currently testing it and have not had the black screen on boot up since installing everything. You will need the latest SSDT-PNLF for the fix to work. I attached it to this comment.

@blodtanner if you want to try with the latest version and working backlight controls, looks like now is the time to do so.

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF.aml
    1.1 KB · Views: 89
It seems we might finally have a fix for the 3 minute black screen issue as well as the random system freeze that went along with it.
Check out this post here and follow the instructions. If anyone wants to test out the fix and see what happens, feel free. I'm currently testing it and have not had the black screen on boot up since installing everything. You will need the latest SSDT-PNLF for the fix to work. I attached it to this comment.

@blodtanner if you want to try with the latest version and working backlight controls, looks like now is the time to do so.
Wow, great news, how does it come? are you gonna update your guide ? you are a hero!

Wow, great news, how does it come? are you gonna update your guide ? you are a hero!
Guide will be updated once I'm finished testing and am sure the issue is 100% fixed. So far so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back