Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Success(-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as WhateverGreen goes, there is a modified one that is still being tested in that 3 minute thread. I'm currently using that one, it requires a special bootflag just to be able to boot the laptop. Right now it's hit or miss if backlight works upon boot up. Every 3 reboots backlight breaks on boot up and you're back to waiting 3 minutes. Up to you if you want to use it. If you do download and use you, you need to add the bootflag: igfxcflbklt=opcode

Also if you were using the SSDT-PNLF from my last posted file that I uploaded, the reason why it didn't work is likely my bad. That was a modified version from Rehab Man from the 3 minute thread, I forgot all about that. I don't think it's the same one that he has available on his GitHub.

Hey @vettz500, yeah I thought Mojave was not affected by the bug and keep thinking it was a different problem. Brightness controls work finally but now I need to live with the black screen like the rest of you ;)

Hopefully I can contribute in some way to finding a solution. Thanks!

Hey @vettz500, yeah I thought Mojave was not affected by the bug and keep thinking it was a different problem. Brightness controls work finally but now I need to live with the black screen like the rest of you ;)

Hopefully I can contribute in some way to finding a solution. Thanks!

A little work around for the 3 minute black screen is once the laptop "boots" as in, if you shine a light on the screen and you see your username to log in, shut the lid and let the laptop go to sleep, once it goes to sleep open the lid and wake it up, brightness will work then. It's a one minute process instead of 3 that way.

A little work around for the 3 minute black screen is once the laptop "boots" as in, if you shine a light on the screen and you see your username to log in, shut the lid and let the laptop go to sleep, once it goes to sleep open the lid and wake it up, brightness will work then. It's a one minute process instead of 3 that way.

Thanks for the tip. Two minor things I'm wondering if you're experiencing also:

1) my caps lock light doesn't come on
2) the ripple effect when adding a widget to the dashboard is corrupted
3) doesn't remember brightness settings

Aside from those and the 3 minute bug, machine is running nicely. Was surprised to see that the webcam works also. Props to all of you who put the effort in getting us this far.

Thanks for the tip. Two minor things I'm wondering if you're experiencing also:

1) my caps lock light doesn't come on
2) the ripple effect when adding a widget to the dashboard is corrupted
3) doesn't remember brightness settings

Aside from those and the 3 minute bug, machine is running nicely. Was surprised to see that the webcam works also. Props to all of you who put the effort in getting us this far.

Caps lock light is known bug, there is no current known fix as of right now.

I haven't noticed the widget issue.

See the end of the guide on this post to get your backlight settings to be recalled on reboot: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

So… I guess that’s the moment I’m about to expose how much of a total newb I am ^^

What I’ve done here (after countless tests) :

- A fresh install of High Sierra 17G2208 with Rehabman’s Clover fork on a 100% formatted SSD. No Windows EFI or anything on it.
- Barely no config.plist editing as most features seems to work
- I’ve extracted / de-assemble original DSDT/SSDT, patched them as described in this thread: trackpad still doesn’t work, but battery does.. so I guess I must do something (partially) right, no ?
- Minimum kext files in EFI/Clover and L/E: most recent Rehabman’s builds and vettz500’s trackpad related ones. I’ve tried the un-edited ones before, also booted with and without AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext (in S/L/E), as mentioned in other RBS thread.

Once again, I’ve tried everything to make it work (including what’s explained on voodooI2C’s doc/tutorial), without any success.

What works :
- Correct screen resolution, native brightness control / keyboard mapping from the get-go: yay !
- Wifi / bluetooth / Airdrop (I’ve swapped the original card for a Broadcom one)
- The touch screen
- Almost everything else I suppose ?

What doesn’t work:
- Trackpad :(((
- As far as I can tell, Sleep (but it’s not as mandatory to me, compared to the TP issue)

I have mixed results with Audio (but it’s a non-issue as I’ll use an external sound card most of the time).

So there are my files, hopefully it’s not too much of a mess.

Thanks a billion fellow hackintoshers!

Attachments

• PR.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 86
So… I guess that’s the moment I’m about to expose how much of a total newb I am ^^

What I’ve done here (after countless tests) :

- A fresh install of High Sierra 17G2208 with Rehabman’s Clover fork on a 100% formatted SSD. No Windows EFI or anything on it.
- Barely no config.plist editing as most features seems to work
- I’ve extracted / de-assemble original DSDT/SSDT, patched them as described in this thread: trackpad still doesn’t work, but battery does.. so I guess I must do something (partially) right, no ?
- Minimum kext files in EFI/Clover and L/E: most recent Rehabman’s builds and vettz500’s trackpad related ones. I’ve tried the un-edited ones before, also booted with and without AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext (in S/L/E), as mentioned in other RBS thread.

Once again, I’ve tried everything to make it work (including what’s explained on voodooI2C’s doc/tutorial), without any success.

What works :
- Correct screen resolution, native brightness control / keyboard mapping from the get-go: yay !
- Wifi / bluetooth / Airdrop (I’ve swapped the original card for a Broadcom one)
- The touch screen
- Almost everything else I suppose ?

What doesn’t work:
- Trackpad :(((
- As far as I can tell, Sleep (but it’s not as mandatory to me, compared to the TP issue)

I have mixed results with Audio (but it’s a non-issue as I’ll use an external sound card most of the time).

So there are my files, hopefully it’s not too much of a mess.

Thanks a billion fellow hackintoshers!
config.plist is not per guide, lots of useless entries in there

clover/kexts/others, too many files in there, only essential files should be in there

once you have sorted that out

use the tool here and upload your files:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

This is getting seriously depressing :)
Will do what you recommend (how? I don't know yet (re:config.plist)), thank you Feartech!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back