Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Success(-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

I bought a second screen to work with, a tablet Cintiq so now I have a second display.

I am wondering if now that I have a second device like a desktop, I would be able to activate the nvidia 1070 gtx to work with?
As I need it to render images with 3d softwares with the gpu.
Anyone knows if with a second display the 1070 gtx works?

I am with windows 10 and is super annoying operative system I need a solution please.

Thanks in advance. !!

Hardware:
Razer Blade 15
32 GB Memory
1080p 144hz IPS panel
GTX 1070 max q

What works:
- UHD 630
- Wifi using a dongle (AC53 NANO)

What doesn't work
- Sound (I had it working at one point, but I prioritized iGPU and stable boot first)
- Track pad (use external mouse for now)
- Nvidia GFX card

This is going to be short, but I'll type up a more detailed report when it's all done (and I get some sleep). I spent several days on this (hundreds of reboots) and finally got a stable boot and most importantly UHD 630 working on the internal screen.

So, fear not, it is possible. No glitchy gfx and 2GB of memory reported on the iGFX card.

Hey!

Please if you have running your razer would be great to have a kind of guide to face all the steps that you made to make it work, it would be so so so good please. :)

Thanks!!

Hey!

I bought a second screen to work with, a tablet Cintiq so now I have a second display.

I am wondering if now that I have a second device like a desktop, I would be able to activate the nvidia 1070 gtx to work with?
As I need it to render images with 3d softwares with the gpu.
Anyone knows if with a second display the 1070 gtx works?

I am with windows 10 and is super annoying operative system I need a solution please.

Thanks in advance. !!

If your Nvidia is dedicated (HDMI directly connected to it), you might be able to use the Nvidia web drivers.

Hi RehabMan thanks for your reply.

I can connect it by HDMI or USBC. Any of those would activate the nvidia gtx with the Nvidia web Drivers?

I can connect it by HDMI or USBC. Any of those would activate the nvidia gtx with the Nvidia web Drivers?

You should check in Windows to determine how your hardware is connected.

My external monitor over mini display port runs on the nvidia gfx card. It's a 4K monitor. No HDR however, that is an OSX issue.

Hey guys, you are really doing something awesome here.

I got a mechrevo z2 laptop recently and I encountered the same display problem as yours (boot into black screen and have to wait for about 3 mins for the screen to become bright). So I did some dig in the forum and I found another post here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hd630-run-with-internal-screen.250577/page-13

There is a similarity between our laptops, which is the 144hz panel (actually it's the same model - LG LGD05C0). I think that's the point. Apple hasn't produced any laptop with a 144hz panel so there might be some recognition problem (my display was recognized as a 30.5 inch display), which may be the reason why it boot into the black screen (just a guess)

According to the post above, I patched the IntelMaxValue in Clover and got the full-range brightness control at the System Preference right now. But the problem of booting into black still exists. Hope for some better solution...

This is what I'm seeing too. If anyone can figure out the framebuffer / panel match then it might work. I had to revert to the older version of High Sierra to get around the 3 minute black screen issue.

For me everything works except native brightness ("fake" brightness that simply adds a dark overlay on the screen can easily be accomplished with an app) and sleep (probably USB issue)

The sleep issue is my main complaint at this point. I'll see if I get some time over the weekend to dive into what's causing it. If I have a whole day, I might even go back to the lastest osx version and see if I can figure out the 3 minute black screen bs. I guess I can time machine it and rollback if needed.

I will try to install high sierra in few days in the razer blade, I will let you know how it goes guys. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Jenue, were you able to successfully install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back