Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Success(-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like I should hack my razer blade? I would need to have the brigthness correctly in my screen as I work with colours all the time, I dont mind If i can't make it less bright when I want, but at least to have it 100% full of bright, is that possible?

Can anyone that made it work almost fully made a guide? including the steps? I am super lost with all this previous posts.

Pleaaaaase.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

sounds like I should hack my razer blade? I would need to have the brigthness correctly in my screen as I work with colours all the time, I dont mind If i can't make it less bright when I want, but at least to have it 100% full of bright, is that possible?

Can anyone that made it work almost fully made a guide? including the steps? I am super lost with all this previous posts.

Pleaaaaase.

100% brightness is not a problem. I'm not sure I would recommend this if you are looking for a click to install type of experience. There are steps involved which will require;
- Backing up an flashing your bios to enable certain features (if you do it wrong you could brick your computer)
- Dumping your bios and making custom patches in assembly

Having said that, I think we are at a point where we can type it up.

And my LG 27UK600 works on the display port now. 4K 60hz glory. There is even a profile in High Sierra for LG HDR 4K.

Update: Seems like HDR is not working, but it's apparently an OSX thing.

100% brightness is not a problem. I'm not sure I would recommend this if you are looking for a click to install type of experience. There are steps involved which will require;
- Backing up an flashing your bios to enable certain features (if you do it wrong you could brick your computer)

And my LG 27UK600 works on the display port now. 4K 60hz glory. There is even a profile in High Sierra for LG HDR 4K.

How is your battery life looking? Just curious, as I don't get my blade for a few more weeks.

Thats amazing! Well I am sure I can do that steps but not alone.

I will wait until someone hopefully post a guide to make this hack in this laptop, can't wait, really excited.

Thanks so much for all the info!!!

Thats amazing! Well I am sure I can do that steps but not alone.

I will wait until someone hopefully post a guide to make this hack in this laptop, can't wait, really excited.

Thanks so much for all the info!!!

You could start with reading up on how to install macOS using clover. I / we will probably not write a FULL guide since there are plenty of them here. But I'll most likely setup a github repo containing all info. Also, you will need to switch wifi card to get wifi and bluetooth working

You could start with reading up on how to install macOS using clover. I / we will probably not write a FULL guide since there are plenty of them here. But I'll most likely setup a github repo containing all info. Also, you will need to switch wifi card to get wifi and bluetooth working

Hey!

Yes, I have done previously other hackintosh, a Rampage x79 with other guide from here. But this one seems to be harder to make it work.

Is the Razer blade working stable? I need it for work with 3d softwares, and render stuff with the Nvidia 1070 gtx.

Thanks for your help.

Hey!

Yes, I have done previously other hackintosh, a Rampage x79 with other guide from here. But this one seems to be harder to make it work.

Is the Razer blade working stable? I need it for work with 3d softwares, and render stuff with the Nvidia 1070 gtx.

Thanks for your help.

Good! So I'm assuming you know how to install kexts with clover, and edit config with clover configurator. You're going to want to read up on dsdt extracting and editing here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/. Personally I didn't need to extract with refs, nor did I get any errors after extraction and I also didn't apply any common fixes. Only battery and I2C patch.

Note that the nvidia chip can only be used on an external display, NOT on the internal display like a real macbook!

Good! So I'm assuming you know how to install kexts with clover, and edit config with clover configurator. You're going to want to read up on dsdt extracting and editing here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/. Personally I didn't need to extract with refs, nor did I get any errors after extraction and I also didn't apply any common fixes. Only battery and I2C patch.

Note that the nvidia chip can only be used on an external display, NOT on the internal display like a real macbook!

Oh really? thats not great for me then, as I need to use the Nvidia card for rendering. There is not a way to make it work the nvidia card like a real macbook pro?

sad times... :&

Thanks for your help.

Hey guys, you are really doing something awesome here.

I got a mechrevo z2 laptop recently and I encountered the same display problem as yours (boot into black screen and have to wait for about 3 mins for the screen to become bright). So I did some dig in the forum and I found another post here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hd630-run-with-internal-screen.250577/page-13

There is a similarity between our laptops, which is the 144hz panel (actually it's the same model - LG LGD05C0). I think that's the point. Apple hasn't produced any laptop with a 144hz panel so there might be some recognition problem (my display was recognized as a 30.5 inch display), which may be the reason why it boot into the black screen (just a guess)

According to the post above, I patched the IntelMaxValue in Clover and got the full-range brightness control at the System Preference right now. But the problem of booting into black still exists. Hope for some better solution...

Hey guys, you are really doing something awesome here.

I got a mechrevo z2 laptop recently and I encountered the same display problem as yours (boot into black screen and have to wait for about 3 mins for the screen to become bright). So I did some dig in the forum and I found another post here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hd630-run-with-internal-screen.250577/page-13

There is a similarity between our laptops, which is the 144hz panel (actually it's the same model - LG LGD05C0). I think that's the point. Apple hasn't produced any laptop with a 144hz panel so there might be some recognition problem (my display was recognized as a 30.5 inch display), which may be the reason why it boot into the black screen (just a guess)

According to the post above, I patched the IntelMaxValue in Clover and got the full-range brightness control at the System Preference right now. But the problem of booting into black still exists. Hope for some better solution...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back